Dr. Dangiolo is a board-certified family physician with subspecialty certification in Geriatric Medicine. She is active in the American Academy of Family Physicians, Mayo Clinic Alumni Association, American Geriatrics Society, Physicians for a National Health Plan and the Florida Medical Association. Dr. Dangiolo is Board Member at large of the Florida Geriatrics Society.
Dr. Dangiolo began her career at Universidad de Buenos Aires and continued on to a Family Medicine residency at Universidad de Buenos Aires and then at the Mayo Medical School College of Medicine. She completed her training as a Geriatric Medicine fellow at Stanford University School of Medicine and served as Geriatrician at the Veterans Affairs Hospital in Palo Alto, California
Dr. Dangiolo dedicated part of her career to serving the American Indian and Latino populations and has served as Medical Director for the Indian Health Center of Santa Clara Valley in California and as a leader for the Diabetes National Collaborative.
In 2007, Florida State University recruited Dr. Dangiolo to serve as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Geriatric Medicine. In this role, she became faculty scholar for the Donald W Reynolds Foundation Grant for Geriatrics Education and started a Geriatrics assessment clinic at the Veterans Affairs Outpatient Center in Tallahassee.
UCF College of Medicine welcomed Dr. Dangiolo in June 2010. In her role as Associate Professor of Family Medicine, she serves as the Director for Geriatrics and Palliative Medicine, and is an active educator for the Practice of Medicine modules. She is two times recipient of the Richard Tucker Competitive Gerontology Research Award. Dr. Dangiolo is the only board certified Geriatrician at UCF Health.
Bravata D, McDonald K, Owens D, Dangiolo, M et al. Bioterrorism Preparedness and Response: Use of Information Technologies and Decision Support . Evid Rep Technol Assess (Summ). 2002 Jun
Kenneth Brummel-Smith, MD, Dangiolo, M. Assistive Technologies in the Home. Clin Geriat Med. Feb 2009
Dangiolo, M. Teaching and learning moments: The Inner Invisible. Acad Med, Jul 2010
Golden A, Berry A, Cannarozzi M, Dangiolo M. UCF Medical Student Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment. MedEdPORTAL; 2012. Available: www.mededportal.org/publication/9251
Noblin A, Cortelyou-Ward K, Cantiello J, Breyer T, Oliveira L, Dangiolo M, Cannarozzi M, Yeung T, Berman S. EHR Implementation in a New Clinic: A Case Study of Clinician Perceptions. J Med Syst. Aug 2013
Mariana B. Dangiolo MD, Shalu Gillum JD MLS, Nancy Clark MEd and Andrea Berry MPA. Geriatric EMR Templates. POGOe – Portal of Geriatrics Online Education; 2013 Available from: http://www.pogoe.org/productid/21620
Dangiolo M, Berry A, Heizmann J, Furer S, Doctor M. Systems-Based Geri-Anatomy Curriculum. MedEdPORTAL Publications; 2016. Available from: https://www.mededportal.org/publication/10329.
- Certificate of Appreciation, Department of Veteran Affairs, Palo Alto, CA, 2002
- Certificate of Appreciation, Neighborhood Health Center, Tallahassee, FL, 2009
- Richard Tucker Competitive Gerontology Research Award, University of Central Florida, 2012
- Meaningful Use Vanguard, University of Central Florida College of Medicine, 2013
- Richard Tucker Competitive Gerontology Research Award, University of Central Florida, 2014
- Clinical Achievement Award, University of Central Florida College of Medicine, 2014
- Selected “America’s Top Doctor”, Geriatric Medicine, 2014 & 2015
- Selected “Orlando Top Doctor”, Geriatric Medicine, Orlando Life Magazine, 2014-2016
- Patients Choice Award, Vitals, 2015
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Award, University of Central Florida College of Medicine, 2016
- College of Medicine Service Award, University of Central Florida College of Medicine, 2016