- Burnett School College of Medicine Faculty News
A panel of UCF Health female physicians is holding “The Art and Science of Healthy Women,” a free event to address the factors that go into being a healthy woman in a demanding world. The event will be Thursday, October 24 from 6 to 7:30 p.m. at UCF Health, 3400 Quadrangle Blvd, Orlando, 32817, just two blocks from the main UCF campus.
Participating physicians are:
- Dr. Lisa Barkley, board-certified in family, adolescent and sports medicine, who will discuss common health concerns for adolescents, maintaining open communication with teens about health matters, and key factors that create a healthy family.
- Dr. Shazia Bég, a board-certified rheumatologist, who will discuss the differences between normal aches and pains and arthritis, factors that contribute to arthritis and lifestyle changes that can improve quality of life.
- Dr. Maria Cannarozzi, board-certified in internal medicine and pediatrics, and medical director of UCF Health, who will provide an overview of the practice and its teamwork approach to having primary care physicians and specialists under one roof.
- Dr. Analia Castiglioni, a board-certified internist focusing on women’s health, who will moderate the event and discuss the complexities of women’s health, including contradictory information in the news, screening guidelines, and types of physicians that women should see at different ages.
- Dr. Mariana Dangiolo, board-certified in family and geriatric medicine, who will discuss normal and abnormal changes in memory, strategies for improving and maintaining memory, and how to monitor memory changes in aging parents.
- Dr. Angela Mazza, board-certified in internal medicine and endocrinology, will discuss the epidemic of diabetes, signs, symptoms and risk factors in diabetes, lifestyle changes to help prevent the disease, and detection and treatment of thyroid disease.