In 2015, the University of Central Florida (UCF) College of Medicine received a generous 5-year grant from The Jules B. Chapman, M.D. and Annie Lou Chapman Private Foundation to create The Chapman Humanism in Medicine Initiative at the UCF College of Medicine.
The Initiative provided funding for three new multifaceted programs, all geared towards fostering a culture that values and sustains humanism, and promotes students’ well-being and positive mental health.
As of 2019, the programmatic components include the following:
- Chapman Compassionate Care for the Homeless
- UCF Chapman Humanism in Medicine Initiative
- UCF Chapman Chapter of the Gold Humanism Honor Society
- Wellness Initiatives and Events
- Preserving Humanism Panel
- Solidarity Dinner
- Knights Practicing with Pride BBQ
- General Fund
Arts in Medicine: Script Magazine
In addition, the UCF COM will sponsor the Fourth Annual Chapman Regional Symposium of Florida Gold Humanism Honor Society Chapters.