The promotion and tenure process requires ongoing planning and support. Our office can assist you with this big career advancement! The following resources are provided to guide you through each step, from deciding if you’re ready for P&T all the way through the requirements and deadlines. If you have additional questions regarding the P&T services and resources offered by your Faculty Development office, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
STEP 1: Am I ready for promotion or tenure?
- Tenure and Tenure-earning Regulation-Procedures
- Promotion to Non-Tenure Associate Professor Checklist
- Promotion to Non-Tenure Professor Checklist
- Promotion to Non-Tenure Clinical Track Associate Professor Checklist
- Promotion to Non-Tenure Clinical Track Professor Checklist
- General Table of Benefits for All Faculty
More resources on CPE (CV templates, Dossier instructions, etc.) scroll to the last section on this page and click on “Cumulative Progress Evaluations (CPEs)”.
STEP 2: Check Timeline and Guidelines
- COM Promotion and Tenure Guidelines
- COM Promotion & Tenure Dossier Documentation
(See the instruction video below for additional help)
The university provides promotion pathways for tenured, tenure-earning and non-tenured earning faculty. The promotion calendar guides candidates throughout the promotion process. The Promotion calendar can be accessed here.
STEP 3: Select Your Department/Faculty Group
Non-Salaried Core, Non-Tenured Faculty:
- follow the same dossier guidelines as COM salaried core faculty. Select your department to view more.
- follow the same timeline as COM salaried core faculty
- submit their dossier packets to FAAdmin@ucf.edu.
Resources and Information
The Post-tenure review process is designed to ensure that tenured faculty maintain high standards of quality and productivity. In compliance with Board of Governors and university regulations, the post-tenure review process evaluates whether tenure faculty achieve the responsibilities and expectations associated with their assigned duties related to research, teaching, and service. Finally, the post-tenure review process is designed to recognize and honor tenured faculty achievement and to provide faculty retention incentives. More information on the post-tenure review process can be found here.
- Impact statement
- Curriculum Vitae
- Department guidelines
- Annual assignments
- Annual evaluations
- Research funding reports
- Research & creative activities summary and evidence
- Teaching activities summary and evidence
- Service activities summary and evidence
- Other assigned duties
- Check out this great resource from our Harriet F. Ginsburg Health Sciences Library team, with tips on how to present your publication impact and metrics in your P&T packet using three popular data-set websites.
- Tips from Faculty who were recently promoted or serve on P&T review committees
- If you’re unsure about your readiness for promotion, our office is happy to review your checklist for promotion and CV to determine the strength of your application.
- Faculty development can review your CV and provide feedback on the flow of content and provide helpful examples of the best way to present your credentials/areas of excellence.
- Need help or feedback on the all important narratives that are included in your dossier? Our office can provide tips for marketing yourself through your narratives.
- If you’re unsure about who may be a good external reviewer, our office is happy to give you strategies for identifying those who would best understand your academic credentials.
- As your dossier moves from the departmental committee, your chair, the college committee, the dean, then the university P&T committee, Faculty Development can assist with any replies or additions you make to your application.
- Candidate Navigation Manual
- Candidate Review of Evaluations
- College Committee Navigation Manual
- Department Chair Navigation Manual
- Department Committee Navigation Manual
- Dean Designee Navigation Manual
- Dean Navigation Manual
- Joint Department Chair and Cluster Lead Manual
- University Committee Navigation Manual
- Resources for Unit AESP or P&T Criteria Revision