- Annual Medical Mission Trip to Peru- MedPACt
- Apopka Farmworkers Clinic- MedPACt
- Asthma Awareness Inspires Relief
- Chapman Compassionate Care Clinic
- Electric Daisy Carnival
- Emergency Medical Responders (EMR) Program
- Global Health Programs
- Healthy Knights Expo
- KNIGHTS Clinic
- Project Downtown
- Relay for Life
- Rising Youth
- Shepherd’s Hope
- Special Olympics & Equine Therapy Program at the McCormick Research Institute
- St. Thomas Aquinas Medical Clinic
- Volunteer at the US Department of Veterans Affairs
- Zora Neale Hurston Festival
In This Section
This year’s theme was “Live, Learn, Work, Play, AND Relay.” The UCF College of Medicine team raised over $1,000 this year. The entire Lake Nona community raised $61,646.97, breaking the original goal of $55,000. This was the first year Relay for Life was held in Downtown Lake Nona. This was also the first year COM students – Vincent Cendan, Michael Fiorino, and Rachel Truong – were on the planning committee as Mission and Education Chairs. Through this position, they led the “Learn” education section and informed attendees about cancer prevention, chemotherapy facts, and how to get involved with the local cancer community. Two first year students, Léonie Dupuis and Caroline Casey, led the M1 team as the first-year co-captains this year.
As a group, the med students collaborated with the UF College of Pharmacy and Polk State College of Nursing to have the first Medical City section dedicated to education and fundraising.
If you’re interested in volunteering, please contact Soraya Smith.