- Director, Integrated Clinical Skills, Uniformed Services University, Bethesda, MD (2006-17)
- Associate Program Director, National Capital Consortium IM Residency, Bethesda, MD (2011-14)
- Assistant Chief of Medicine, WRNMMC, Bethesda, MD (2014-15)
- Director, Predictive Analytics, WRNMMC, Bethesda, MD (2015-17)
- Associate Professor of Medicine, UCF College of Medicine, Orlando, FL (2017-2020)
- Assistant Dean of Medical Education, UCF College of Medicine, Orlando, FL (2019-current)
- Full Professor of Medicine, UCF College of Medicine, Orlando, FL (2020-current)
For a complete list of publications, please click here.
- Hernandez CA, Daroowalla F, LaRochelle JS, Ismail N, Tartaglia KM, Fagan MJ, Kisielewski M, Walsh K. Determining grades in the internal medicine clerkship: Results of a national survey of clerkship directors. Acad Med, 2021 Feb, 96(2), 249-55.
- Seto C, Hartman E, Hernandez C, Castiglioni A, LaRochelle J. Narrative writing in pre-clerkship medical education as a tool for developing empathy and professional identity formation. J Gen Intern Med. 2020 July, 35 (SUPPL 1), S205.
- Barker AM, LaRochelle JS, Artino AR Jr, Wiltz SA, Kim LM, Battistone MJ. SimLEARN Musculoskeletal Training for VHA Primary Care Providers and Health Professions Educators. Fed Pract. 2020 Jan;37(1):42-47.
- Glod SA, Alexandraki I, Jasti H, Lai CJ, Ratcliffe TA, Walsh K, Kisielewski M, LaRochelle J. Clerkship Roles and Responsibilities in a Rapidly Changing Landscape: a National Survey of Internal Medicine Clerkship Directors. J Gen Intern Med. 2020 Jan 2 (ePub ahead of print)
- O’Brien KE, Ledford R, DeWaay D, Klocksieben F, Kisielewski M, Burger A, LaRochelle J. Exploring Institutional Practices to Develop Faculty Evaluators: Results from the 2016 Clerkship Directors in Internal Medicine National Survey. J Gen Intern Med. 2019 Nov;34(11):2305-2306.
- LaRochelle JS, Aagaard E. Transformation and innovation at the nexus of health systems and medical education. J Gen Intern Med. 2019 May;34(5):645-6.
- Cleary TJ, Konopasky A, LaRochelle JS, Neubauer BE, Durning SJ, Artino AR Jr. First year medical students’ calibration bias and accuracy across clinical reasoning activities. Adv Health Sci Educ Theory Pract. 2019 Oct;24(4):767-781
- Torre DM, Hernandez CA, Castiglioni A, Durning SJ, Daley BJ, Hemmer PA, LaRochelle J. The clinical reasoning mapping exercise (CRESME): A new tool for exploring clinical reasoning. Prespect Med Educ. 2019 Jan 21.