Immunization & Insurance Documentation Requirements
Follow the below steps, in order, to complete enrollment requirements for Immunizations and Insurance.
A couple of important points on immunizations –
- Your requirement for Hepatitis B is not complete until you have documentation of a positive titer (basically, a quantitative blood test (QUANTITATIVE Hepatitis B Surface Antibody Titer) that shows that you are immune to Hepatitis B).
- Having had chickenpox does not count for the Varicella You will need the vaccine series (two shots), or a positive titer.
- You need two (2) tuberculosis screening tests 12 months before enrollment (i.e. August). Ideally, you would have your first PPD test, than a second one 1 – 3 weeks after the first However, if you had a PPD test six months ago, you would just have to get another completed before enrollment and that would be fine.
- For Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis, you need the TDaP vaccine, NOT DTaP (they’re spelled so similarly, we get a lot of confusion on this one). Many of you have had the DTaP vaccine as kids, you would now need the adult vaccine; a TD booster does not fulfill this requirement.
Once your access to ImmuniTrax has been received, collect documentation of immunizations:
- Provide proof of the following immunizations and requirements found on the AAMC Standardized Immunization Form as well as submit the UCF Student Health Services Supplemental Meningitis Form.
- Results of last two (2) tuberculosis screening (PPDs) or one (1) IGRA blood test are required regardless of prior BCG status. For students with a history of positive PPD or IGRA screenings, a Tuberculosis Screening Questionnaire must be completed.
- Seasonal Influenza vaccinations are required annually. For incoming first year students, they are not required prior to August Orientation to ensure the most current vaccine.
- All enrolled students must show proof of a physical examination prior to matriculation into the College of Medicine by having their health care provider complete the following Physical Exam Verification Form and submitting it to ImmuniTrax.
- For information on vaccines, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – Vaccine Information Statements. Click here for further information on the Hepatitis B vaccine for healthcare personnel.
- All medical students are required to undergo a urine drug screen upon matriculation. Specific information can be found utilizing the VerifyStudents link in Step 1 above.
Submit proof of immunizations ONLY (i.e. AAMC Standardized Immunization Form, UCF Student Health Services Supplemental Meningitis Form and supporting documentation) to UCF Student Health Services.
All enrolled students must show proof of health insurance coverage. For information regarding the UCF health insurance plan, please visit www.gallagherstudent.com. Enrollment for the upcoming academic year opens in July.
Proof of Health Insurance must be uploaded to ImmuniTrax. Please refer to Step 1 above for creating an account.
There is no need to send documentation to the Office of Student Affairs. The Office of Student Affairs will receive a roster of students who have enrolled for the academic year. For information on disability insurance, please visit the disability insurance section of the website. Disability insurance is an annual requirement.
If not enrolling with the UCF COM disability insurance plan, complete and submit the Proof of Disability Insurance Form to meet this requirement.