Orientation week is held the first full week of August. Below please find information on M1 orientation for the UCF College of Medicine MD Program.
For any questions or concerns, please contact the Office of Student Affairs at (407) 266-1353 or email@example.com.
NOTE: The following information applies to the Student Services office within Student Affairs. Financial Services and Admissions may have different requirements and students are encouraged to contact those areas for further information.
During the Summer
- Complete enrollment requirements, which includes immunizations, physical exam, and urine drug screen. This information must be uploaded to Immunitrax. Enrollment requirements are due by June 28, 2019.
- If you are NOT purchasing the UCF-sponsored student health insurance plan, submit proof of health insurance. Proof of health insurance needs to be submitted online (to Immunitrax) by June 28, 2019.
- Submit your white coat size (more information will be provided Summer 2019).
- RSVP your guests for the White Coat Ceremony. A separate email will be sent out during the summer. There is a limit of four guests per student.
- Complete the UCF COM General Release Form so that your picture and biographical information can be displayed during the White Coat Ceremony.
- Purchase your Disability Insurance online.
- Order final transcripts with your degree posted to be sent via postal to the COM Admission Office. If you have multiple degrees we need an official transcript from each degree-granting institution.
- Purchase necessary equipment for your Practice of Medicine module. Information on required equipment can be found on the Doctor’s Bag page.
To Do Online 1-2 weeks Before Orientation
- Obtain your KNIGHTS email address https://extranet.cst.ucf.edu/kmailselfsvc.
- Register your vehicle online (parking permits are not generally available until mid-July for the next semester). http://parking.ucf.edu/permits/student-permits/
- Before orientation, there will be a need for the offices of Student Financial Services, Student Services, the Registrar, and Student Accounts to share information with you. Much of this information can be relayed to you via the student portal, which is accessible at http://my.ucf.edu. You will need to sign in to the student portal to ensure that requirements listed there have been met.
Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
- A Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification course will be provided to matriculating students during orientation. Incoming students do not need to obtain BLS certification prior to August. Once students complete their BLS course, proof of certification must be uploaded to Immunitrax.
UCF ID Card
- Students will receive their UCF ID card during orientation. UCF College of Medicine M.D. students must have a UCF ID Card to access the library and other student services. For information about UCF ID cards please visit http://www.ucfcard.ucf.edu.
- In order to park on campus, an appropriate UCF parking permit must be obtained. Parking permits will not be available for online purchase until mid-July. Any orders processed online prior to July will result in a summer term-only decal, not intended for the College of Medicine.Annual decals are valid from August 1st through July 31st of each academic year.
- For more information, please visit http://parking.ucf.edu.
- Students will be expected to attend preceptorships in the community, as well as complete clinical or research assignments with local teaching partners; in order to travel to their sites, most students have found that it is necessary to have a personal vehicle.
White Coat Sizing Information
All M.D. students will receive a white coat. Information on sizing will be provided to students during the summer before orientation.
White Coat Ceremony Information Release
Students will need to complete the UCF COM General Release Form in order to display their photo and other information during the White Coat Ceremony.
M.D. students will be required to purchase specific medical instruments for their work in the Clinical Skills and Simulation Center. For more information, please visit the page on Doctor’s Bags.