Orientation week is held the last full week of July (beginning July 26, 2021). Below please find information on M1 orientation for the UCF College of Medicine MD Program.
For any questions or concerns, please contact the Office of Student Affairs at (407) 266-1353 or email@example.com.
DURING THE SUMMER
- Complete enrollment requirements, which include immunizations, physical exam, and urine drug screen. This information must be uploaded to Immunitrax. Enrollment requirements are due by July 23, 2021.
- If you are NOT purchasing the UCF-sponsored student health insurance plan, submit proof of health insurance. Proof of health insurance needs to be submitted online (to Immunitrax) by July 23, 2021.
- Submit your white coat size by clicking here by June 7, 2021.
- Purchase your Disability Insurance online.
- Order final transcripts with your degree posted to be sent via post to the COM Admission Office. If you have multiple degrees we need an official transcript from each degree-granting institution.
- If your parents or other family members would like to receive information on the MD Parent Council and other College of Medicine events, please complete this form.
- Purchase necessary equipment for your Practice of Medicine module. Information on required equipment can be found on the Other Requirements page.
TO DO ONLINE 1-2 WEEKS BEFORE ORIENTATION
- Obtain your KNIGHTS email address https://extranet.cst.ucf.edu/kmailselfsvc.
- Register your vehicle online (parking permits will not be available until July 26). http://parking.ucf.edu/permits/student-permits/
- Before orientation, there will be a need for the offices of Student Financial Services, Student Services, the Registrar, and Student Accounts to share information with you. Much of this information can be relayed to you via the student portal, which is accessible at http://my.ucf.edu. You will need to sign in to the student portal to ensure that the requirements listed there have been met.
M1 ORIENTATION WEEK SCHEDULE
- Students should be in residence in the Central Florida area before the start of orientation on July 26. The M1 year curriculum begins on August 2 with classes in Cellular Function and Medical Genetics, the Focused Individualized Research Experience, and Practice of Medicine -1 modules. Orientation and modules will be in person.
- Students will receive access to the orientation schedule and updated information the week prior to July 26, 2021.
Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
- A Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification course will be provided to matriculating students. Incoming students do not need to obtain BLS certification prior to August. Once students complete their BLS course, proof of certification must be uploaded to Immunitrax.
UCF ID Card
- Students will receive their UCF ID card during orientation. UCF College of Medicine M.D. students must have a UCF ID Card to access the library and other student services. For information about UCF ID cards please visit https://ucfcard.ucf.edu/
Parking Decals and Transportation
- In order to park on campus, an appropriate UCF parking permit must be obtained. Parking permits will not be available for online purchase until July 26. Any orders processed prior to this date will result in a summer term-only decal, not intended for the College of Medicine. Annual decals are valid from August 1st through July 31st of each academic year. For more information, please visit http://parking.ucf.edu.
- Students will be expected to attend preceptorships in the community, as well as complete clinical or research assignments with local teaching partners; in order to travel to their sites, students are required to have reliable transportation. A valid driver’s license or state ID will also be required to complete required credentialing.
Doctor’s Bags and Suture Kits
M.D. students will be required to purchase specific medical instruments for their work in the Clinical Skills and Simulation Center. For more information, please visit the page on Doctor’s Bags.