- Since medical students have requirements beyond other students, you may find it necessary to get additional immunizations prior to enrollment. You will need to provide proof of the following immunizations and requirements found on the AAMC Standardized Immunization Form as well as submit the UCF Student Health Services Supplemental Meningitis Form. For information on vaccines, please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – Vaccine Information Statements. Please click here for further information on the Hepatitis B vaccine for health-care personnel.
- In addition, M.D. students are required to provide documentation of two-step PPD testing (documentation of two Mantoux skin tests within 12 months preceding enrollment at UCF COM, with the second test administered 1 – 3 weeks after the first test). If there is a history of positive PPD, documentation of a current chest x-ray and the Tuberculosis Screening Questionnaire is required (within the past 12 months). Alternatively, you will need to either obtain a QuantiFERON-Gold TB blood test or the T-SPOT IGRA blood test indicating a negative status for TB. This test will be submitted annually during the PPD screening period (prior to each subsequent academic year).
- All enrolled students must show proof of a physical examination prior to matriculation into the College of Medicine. Please have your health care provider complete the following Physical Examination Verification Form and submit it to the UCF College of Medicine Office of Student Affairs.
- DO NOT SEND DOCUMENTS TO THE COLLEGE OF MEDICINE. You will be provided with information on where to upload your documentation beginning in the summer.
Urine Drug Screen
- All medical students are required to undergo a urine drug screen upon matriculation. Specific information will be sent out to students the summer before orientation to their mailing address listed on AMCAS.
Health and Disability Insurance
- All enrolled students must show proof of health and disability insurance coverage. If you are not enrolling with the UCF health insurance plan, please complete and submit the Proof of Health Insurance form to meet this requirement. If you are not enrolling with the UCF COM disability insurance plan, please complete and submit the Proof of Disability Insurance form to meet this requirement. For information regarding the UCF health insurance plan, please visit http://www.hs.sdes.ucf.edu. For information on disability insurance, please visit the disability insurance section of our website.
UCF ID Card
- UCF College of Medicine M.D. students must have a UCF ID Card to access the library and other student services. For information about UCF ID cards please visit http://www.ucfcard.ucf.edu.
- In order to park on campus, you must obtain an appropriate UCF parking permit. Parking permits will not be available for online purchase until mid-July. Any orders processed online prior to July will result in a summer term-only decal, not intended for the College of Medicine. Annual decals are valid from August 1, 2016 through July 31, 2017. For more information, please visit http://parking.ucf.edu. Students will be expected to attend preceptorships in the community, as well as complete clinical or research assignments with local teaching partners; in order to travel to their sites, most students have found that it is necessary to have a personal vehicle.
- All M.D. students will receive a white coat. Information on sizing will be provided to students during the summer before orientation.
Other Enrollment Information
- M.D. students will be required to purchase specific medical instruments for their work in the Clinical Skills and Simulation Center. For more information, please visit the Doctor’s Bags page.
- M.D. students will be provided with a laptop for their use during school.
- For information on required and recommended textbooks, please see the textbooks page.