Initial Screening of Applicants
The M.D. Program Admissions Office will begin to communicate with applicants upon receipt of a verified AMCAS application. The Admissions Office will conduct a brief review to ensure that the application meets or exceeds the minimum GPA and MCAT scores, as well as citizenship requirements. Upon verification of these elements, the Admissions Office will send an email to each qualified applicant that includes the link to the Supplemental Application.
Applicants chosen for interviews must be academically excellent and have demonstrated an interest in medicine through clinical and/or research activities. Those selected for interviews are contacted by telephone and e-mail by the M.D. Program Admissions Office to schedule interview visits. This confirmation e-mail will also provide an agenda, local travel, overnight accommodations information, parking, and other details to enhance the applicant’s visit.
The actual interview day is a seven-hour visit that includes:
- A visit with the College of Medicine’s Dean
- An overview of the curriculum, facilities, and student support
- A visit with the college’s Financial Services
- A tour of the medical college facility
- Two individual interviews with faculty
- Lunch with medical students
- A tour of one clinical medical facility where M.D. students receive clinical experience
- Information regarding the admission committee decision process and timelines for making acceptance offers, wait listing, rejection, and future communication and assistance
- Information regarding our commitment to a diverse class and working environment