Initial Screening of Applicants
The M.D. Program Admissions Office will begin to communicate with applicants upon receipt of a verified AMCAS application. The Admissions Office will conduct a brief review to ensure that the application meets or exceeds the minimum GPA and MCAT scores, as well as citizenship requirements. Upon verification of these elements, the Admissions Office will send an email to each qualified applicant that includes the link to the Supplemental Application.
Interviews for the 2020-2021 cycle will be conducted virtually. Applicants chosen for interviews must be academically excellent and have demonstrated an interest in medicine through clinical and/or research activities. Those selected for interviews are contacted by telephone and e-mailed by the M.D. Program Admissions Office to schedule two video call interviews. A confirmation e-mail will be provided prior to your video call interviews, with instructions to view a welcome video from the Dean. This video will provide valuable insight to the vision and mission of the UCF College of Medicine M.D. program.
We hope to have the opportunity to bring each interviewed applicant to the UCF COM to learn more about our program. If permitted, we will host visits to the COM throughout the interview cycle, alternatively if we cannot host students at the COM we will employ a mixture of Zoom discussion and video. We encourage students to attend the earliest date available.
The actual day is a five-hour visit and includes:
- A tour of the medical school facility
- Multiple opportunities for applicants to interact with medical students
- An overview of the curriculum, facilities and student support
- A visit with the COM Dean
- A visit with COM Student Financial Services
- Information regarding our commitment to a diverse class and working environment
- A visit from the Director of Counseling and Wellness
- An overview of the admissions committee decision process and timelines for making offers of acceptance, placing on waitlist, non-acceptance and future communication
The safety of our students, faculty, staff and applicants is as always, our number one concern. Should we be unable to host in-person visits to the UCF COM we will replicate your visit virtually. We will ensure you every opportunity to hear from our students and our leaders and to learn everything you need to know about our M.D. program.