Initial Screening of Applicants
The M.D. Program Admissions Office will begin to communicate with applicants upon receipt of a verified AMCAS application. The Admissions Office will conduct a brief review to ensure that the application meets or exceeds the minimum GPA and MCAT scores, as well as citizenship requirements. Upon verification of these elements, the Admissions Office will send an email to each qualified applicant that includes the link to the Supplemental Application.
Interviews for the 2020-2021 cycle will be conducted virtually. Applicants chosen for interviews must be academically excellent and have demonstrated an interest in medicine through clinical and/or research activities. Those selected for interviews are contacted by telephone and e-mailed by the M.D. Program Admissions Office to schedule two video call interviews. A confirmation e-mail will be provided prior to your video call interviews, with instructions to view a welcome video from the Dean. This video will provide valuable insight to the vision and mission of the UCF College of Medicine M.D. program.
Once a student has participated in two Zoom-based interviews they will be invited to attend a virtual visit. The UCF COM will host virtual visits throughout the 2021 admission cycle. We will employ a mixture of Zoom discussions, panels and video messages in order to provide you a comprehensive experience.
The virtual visit will include:
- A virtual medical school facility tour
- Multiple interactions with medical students
- Overview of the curriculum, facilities, financial aid, counseling and wellness and other student support services
- A visit with the COM Dean and Dean of Student Affairs
- Information regarding our commitment to a diverse class and working environment
- An overview of the admissions committee decision process and timelines for making offers of acceptance, placing on wait-list, non-acceptance and future communication and assistance
The safety of our students, faculty, staff and applicants is as always, our number one concern. We will ensure you every opportunity to hear from our students and our leaders and to learn everything you need to know about our M.D. program.