UCF M.D. Program students are required to have health insurance. All students enrolled in the M.D. program of the College of Medicine are eligible to purchase the UCF United Healthcare Student Health Plan. While enrollment in this plan is not mandatory, proof of comparable coverage is required if the student decides to enroll in another plan. Please visit www.gallagherstudent.com/UCF for policy coverage and enrollment. Insurance coverage will begin on the first day of M1/M2 orientation (applicable to all classes).
Steps to enroll in UCF United Healthcare Student Health Plan:
- Click “Sign Up” under the Profile section on the left-hand side
- Create an account (you will need to provide your UCF student ID (7-digit numeric number) and date of birth)
- Select “Medical Student” under student category
- Make sure to select the “Hard Waiver” plan
- Begin enrollment process (you must have a VISA or MasterCard information to enroll)
A monthly payment option is available for students paying by credit card. You must pay for 3 months at the time of enrollment in the monthly plan.
For more information or with any questions, please contact Gallagher-Koster at 877.535.3127 or complete the contact form online.
If you are not enrolling in the United Healthcare Student Health through UCF and you have comparable coverage, please submit proof of coverage online to your account on Immunitrax.