Clerkship Contact :
Clerkship Directors:Dr. Feroza Daroowalla, MD, MPH UCF College of Medicine 6850 Lake Nona Blvd Suite 410H Orlando, FL 32827 Office phone: 407-266-1176
Email: Feroza.Daroowalla@ucf.edu Dr. Magdalena Pasarica, MD, PhD UCF College of Medicine 6850 Lake Nona Blvd Suite 406L Orlando, FL 32827 Office phone: 407-266-1126
Email: Magdalena.Pasarica@ucf.edu Clerkship Administrators: Kim Gilfedder, MA UCF College of Medicine 6850 Lake Nona Blvd. Suite 410F Office phone: 407-719-6819 Email: Kimberly.firstname.lastname@example.org Ken Staack, M.Ed. UCF College of Medicine 6850 Lake Nona Blvd. Suite 409B Orlando, FL 32827 Office phone: 407-226-1110 Email: Ken.Staack@ucf.edu
Clerkship Goals and Objectives
- Discuss preventive health care issues for adult patients (including lifestyle behaviors), with rationale and indications for each.
- Formulate an initial and ongoing therapeutic plan of care for assigned patients with common medical diagnoses and symptoms.
- Perform and document a complete history and physical examination of the adult patient in a logical, organized, respectful, and thorough manner.
- Create a differential diagnosis based on the findings from the medical history and physical examination.
- Participate (observe, assist, perform or simulate) in a discussion about advance directives and informed consent with a patient.
- Discuss how to recognize and respond to system flaws in the delivery of care.
- Discuss the role of team members, consultants and other key personnel in the care of the patient.
Practice-Based Learning and Improvement
- Perform a computerized literature search to find articles pertinent to a focused clinical question and present information to colleagues.
Ethics and Professionalism
- Discuss basic principles of medical ethics as they specifically relate to care of individual patients.
- Demonstrate professional behaviors towards peers, faculty, staff, health care team members, and patients, in all learning and clinical encounters with regards to reliability and responsibility, self-improvement and adaptability, upholding ethical principles, and commitment to scholarship.
Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Demonstrate ability to orally present a new or established inpatient or outpatient case in logical and accepted sequence, including the handover to transition care.
- Document inpatient and outpatient progress notes in a manner that includes appropriate data and reflects clinical decision-making process.
- Demonstrate sensitivity, respectfulness and inclusion of different cultural normative standards, socioeconomic background, gender, race/ethnicity and disabilities in clinical care.
View M.D. Program Objectives…