The Health Sciences Library offers two levels of service to assist College of Medicine faculty, staff, students, and residents with using library resources, and finding high-quality, relevant information pertinent to your research.
Our reference desk staff are equipped to assist College of Medicine faculty, staff, students, and residents with answers to short reference and research queries.
We can help you by:
- Searching the UCF Library catalog
- Finding journal articles online
And can answer questions such as:
- What databases can I use to find high-quality images for my FIRE project?
- Where should I go to start searching for articles on my research topic?
- I’m having trouble finding this citation. Can you help me?
For more extensive questions that will require additional time to look into, our staff may suggest you schedule a one-on-one appointment, or Research Consultation, with one of our Reference Librarians. Research Consultations provide a way for our patrons to work more closely with our Reference Librarians to get the answers they need and can be useful in some of the following ways:
- Assistance with narrowing down or broadening search terms for a literature search
- Assistance with how to determine medical literature validity/relevance
The reference desk staff will provide you with the contact information of the appropriate Reference Librarian so that you may set up an appointment at your convenience. Please note that appointments typically take place between 9am and 5pm, Monday through Friday.