If you need a book or article that cannot be found in our library collection or the main campus library collection, you may be able to borrow it through Interlibrary Loan (ILL). Through ILL, the Health Sciences Library will borrow materials that it doesn’t own from other libraries for you.
Faculty, staff, and students at the College of Medicine are also eligible for Document Delivery Services, in which the Health Sciences Library will provide you with PDF’s of articles that are owned by the library. These services include the following:
- All articles owned by the UCF libraries in electronic form will be delivered to your ILLiad account or email account as an easily-downloadable PDF.
- Most requests will be processed in one business day. In some cases, it may take an extra day or two to process your request.
To submit an ILL or Document Delivery request, log-in to your ILLiad account using your NID or send an email to medlibraryILL@ucf.edu. If you do not have an ILLiad account, you can create a free one; just click the “Log on to ILLiad” button below to start the process. First-time users will be redirected to a registration form after providing their NID log-in credentials.
Questions and concerns regarding ILL requests can be directed to Carly Lambert; she can be reached via email at medlibraryILL@ucf.edu, and via phone at 407.266.1422.
How to Request Things through ILLiad
To request a book through Interlibrary Loan, follow these steps:
- Log-in to your ILLiad account.
- On the left-hand side, click on “Book” under New Request.
- Fill out the book request form with as much information as you have.
- Click on “Submit Request” at the bottom of the form.
You will see your new request listed on your ILLiad account’s main page. The Health Sciences Library will now process your request.
To request a book chapter or an article through ILLiad, follow the same steps as outlined above, only replacing the request selection with the appropriate type (i.e. click on “Article” to submit an article request).