Dr. Kalidindi is board certified in Pediatrics and Pediatric Emergency Medicine by the American Board of Pediatrics and the Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Canada. He completed his residency in Pediatrics and fellowship in Pediatric Emergency Medicine at Children’s Hospital of Michigan. He has a Master’s degree in Medical Education Leadership from the University of New England and a Master’s degree in Public Health from the State University of New York. He is certified in Tropical Medicine and Healthcare Simulation Education. Dr. Kalidindi is now serving as the Medical Director of Nemours Institute for Clinical Excellence and Director of Education in the division of Pediatric Emergency Medicine at Nemours Children’s Hospital. He is the Co-Chair of the Nemours Florida Education Committee and program chair for several CME conferences.
Dr. Kalidindi joined the UCF College of Medicine in 2012 as an Assistant Professor of Pediatrics and is involved in developing simulation experiences and research. Dr. Kalidindi has over ten years teaching experience. In 2012, Dr. Kalidindi was awarded Student Council Award for Teaching Excellence from the Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry at the University of Western Ontario. He was also awarded Teacher of the Year award for two consecutive years from 2009-2011 in the Department of Pediatrics at the University of Western Ontario. Most recently, Dr. Kalidindi was awarded a Certificate of Appreciation for 2014 Patient Satisfaction Press Ganey Scores 99th Percentile and recognized as the Emergency Physician of the Year for 2015 at Nemours Children’s Hospital.
Dr. Kalidindi’s research interests include global health initiatives, medical education, team performance, and simulation in health care. Dr. Kalidindi holds active membership with the following national level organizations: American Academy of Pediatrics, American College of Emergency Physicians, and the Society for Simulation in Healthcare. Dr. Kalidindi maintains an active role in education program development and leadership. Most recently, he served as the Conference Director for both the 2015 School Health Conference in Orlando, FL and the 2014 Pediatric Update for the Primary Care Provider Conference, attended by over 150 healthcare providers.
- Kalidindi S. Quadrivalent Influenza Vaccine: What You Need to Know. Consultant For Pediatricians. 2012, 11 (9): S10
- Kalidindi S. Global Health Care. Journal of Clinical & Surgical Ophthalmology, Volume 29, Number 5, 2011. Principal Author
- Kalidindi S, Mahajan P, Thomas R, Sethuraman U. Parental perception of urgency of illness. Pediatr Emerg Care. 2010 Aug; 26(8): 549-53. Principal Investigator, Principal Author
- Kalidindi S, Hartwig E. Review of pain management for children with musculoskeletal trauma. Synopsis, Volume 9, Number 2, June 2007
- Kalidindi S. Abdominal Trauma. Synopsis of Pediatric Emergency Care 2nd edition (editors: Singhi S, Surpure JS), PEEPEE Publishers. 2010. Principal Author
- Kalidindi S. Acute Appendicitis. Synopsis of Pediatric Emergency Care 2nd edition (editors: Singhi S, Surpure JS), PEEPEE Publishers. 2010. Principal Author
- Kalidindi S, Kamat D. Cutaneous Larva Migrans. Atlas of Pediatrics in the Tropics (Spector JM, Gibson TE), American Academy of Pediatrics. 2009. Principal Author
- Kalidindi, Shiva. “Cutaneous Larva Migrans.” Atlas of Pediatrics in the Tropics and Resource-Limited Settings. 2nd ed. American Academy of Pediatrics, 2015: 89-93.
- Kalidindi, Shiva, and Suresh Gupta. Emergency Medicine and Critical Care. AAP Textbook of Pediatric Global Health. 2nd ed. American Academy of Pediatrics, 2015: 979-1004.
- Pediatric Sepsis, Pediatric Trauma. Pediatric Acute Care Simulation Workshop, Christian Medical College, Vellore, India, December 2015
- Pediatric Shock Management. Life Line Hospitals. Abu Dhai, UAE, December 2015
- Office Procedures & Preparedness Workshop. Hot Topics in Pediatrics. Orlando, FL, July 2015
- Pediatric Airway Management Workshop, CLINCON 2015, Orlando, FL., July 2015
- Pediatric Toxicology Eastern Regional Health Authority, Sangre Grande Hospital, Sangre Grande, Trinidad & Tobago., March 2015
- Pediatric Assessment, Pediatric EM Case Presentation Webinar, FL, January 2015
- “Utilizing Simulation for Pediatric Patient and Family Education: The New Frontier in Patient and Family Centered Care.” Presentation for the 15th International Meeting on Simulation in Healthcare., January 2015
- “Mock Code for Real Changes: A program designed to identify and address operational deficiencies.” Presentation for the 15th International Meeting on Simulation in Healthcare.,January 2015
- Pediatric Assessment & Initial Management.CLINCON2014, Orlando, FL., July 2014
- Office Emergencies Simulation, Pediatric Update for the Primary Care Provider, Amelia, FL., June 2014
- Pediatric Emergencies, Simulation. Pediatric Emergency Medicine: Advances and Controversies for the Clinician. Orlando, FL, April 2014