Dr. Slimani received her M.D. at the University of Medicine in Algiers, Algeria. She then went on to her first residency program in ophthalmology at the University of Algiers, furthering her clinical skills in eye health by completing a training in retinal surgery at the Hospital Lariboisiére in Paris. She worked as an Assistant Professor in ophthalmology at the University of Tizi-Ouzou in Algeria before beginning an ocular oncology research fellowship at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Most recently, she graduated from an additional residency and internship program in internal medicine in New Jersey. She is familiar with the diagnosis and treatment of a variety of diseases in both outpatient and inpatient settings. She also has experience in outpatient management and follow up of common ophthalmology disorders.
Dr. Slimani joined the UCF College of Medicine in 2019. She sees patients at the UCF Health clinic Quadrangle location in Orange County, and will be involved in medical student teaching and research throughout the year. Though still rather fresh in her career, Dr. Slimani’s passion for preventative medicine and a healthy community, combined with her innate empathy and quality assurance awareness ensures her success as both a clinician and educator.
- Hakan Demirci, Naziha Slimani, Mercy Pawar , Zeyneb Gursel. Magnetic Hyperthermia in Y-79 Retinoblastoma and ARPE-19 Retinal epithelial cells: Tumor selective Apoptotic activity of Iron oxidative Nanoparticle. Translational vision science and technology, Translational vision science and technology June, 2019.
- Zeyneb Ozkurt , Naziha Slimani , Hakan Demirci. Evaluation of choroid hemangioma and treatment with photodynamic therapy by OCT Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging Retina March 2018.
- Hakan Demirci, Leslie M. Niziol, Zeynep Ozkurt, Naziha Slimani. Do Largest Basal Tumor Diameter and the American Joint Committee on Cancer’s Cancer Staging Influence Prognostication by Gene Expression Profiling in Choroidal Melanoma. American Journal of Ophthalmology, Volume 195, November 2018.
- Xu G, Xue Y, Özkurt ZG, Naziha Slimani N, Hu Z, Wang X, Xia K, Ma T, Zhou Q, Demirci H. Photoacoustic imaging features of intraocular tumors: Retinoblastoma and uveal melanoma. PLoS One. 2017 Feb.
- Djenane, Naziha Slimani , Katia Ait Ali. • Ocular manifestations in Rheumatoid arthritis: European Congress of Rheumatology, Copenhagen, April 2009.
- Victor M. Elner, MD, PhD Hakan Demirci, MD, Naziha Slimani,MD, Zeynep Gursel,MD. Fat, Fibrous and Striated Muscle Tumors of the Orbit: Orbital tumors by Peter Dolman and Aaron Fay, edited by Elsevier; December 2016.
Education & Specialties
Education, Training, & Research:
- Internship, Internal Medicine, Trenton, New Jersey
- Residency, Ophthalmology, University of Algiers, Algeria
- Research Fellowship, Ocular Oncology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- Doctorate in Medicine, University of Medicine, Algiers, Algeria
- Internal Medicine
- Preventative medicine
- Clinical Studies
No recent media. Please check back soon.