Dr. I. Cori Baill earned her medical degree from the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey in New Brunswick, NJ. Following graduation from medical school, she completed her residency training in Gynecology and Obstetrics at The Johns Hopkins Medical Center in Baltimore, MD. She then served for three years in the US Public Health Service achieving the rank of Lt. Commander, and in July, 1990 was awarded the United States Public Health Service Achievement Medal.
Dr. Baill is board certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology by the American Board of Obstetricis and Gynecology. She is a Fellow of the American College of Obstitricians and Gynecologists and is a Certified Menopause Practitioner by the North American Menopause Society. During her medical career of over 30 years, she has been affiliated with Planned Parenthood serving on the National Medical Committee, and as a regional and local Medical Director. She is currently an advisor, laboratory director, and Florida State House physician liaison for Planned Parenthood of Southwest and Central Florida, our regional affiliate. Dr. Baill is the founder of The Menopause Center in Orlando, FL, where she served as medical director for 12 years.
Dr. Baill has been affiliated with the UCF College of Medicine since its founding, serving as a curriculum advisor, and admissions interviewer. She formally joined the faculty in 2015, and is now a Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Baill holds numerous committee positions, including for UCF College of Medicine Admissions, Planned Parenthood Federation of America, and North American Menopause Society. She is a reviewer for American Family Physician and Bellevue Literary Review and serves on the advisory board for The Journal of Patient Experience and Bellevue Literary Review. She is the author of the children’s picture book, “Why is Mommy Crying? – explaining early pregnancy loss to young children.”
Peer Reviewed Articles
- Baill, IC. Methods and implications of improving the antepartum patient’s relationship to her own body. The Assertive Nurse 1:1, 1978.
- Baill, IC and Money, J. Physiologic aspects of female sexual development: gestation, lactation, menopause, and erotic physiology. In Kirkpatrick, M., ed., Women’s Sexual Development. New York: Plenum Press, 1980.
- Sison RF, Baill IC, and Hutchins GM. Non-cyclopic agnathia associated with polysplenia. Teratology 37:493, 1988.
- Baill IC, Moore GW, and Hedrick LA. Abscess of allantoic duct remnant. American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology 161: 334-336, 1989.
- Baill IC, Snyder D, and Huggins GR. Elective second trimester abortion in a patient with a family history of malignant hyperthermia. The American Journal of Gyn Health. July/August,1989.
- Baill, IC and Witter F. Sickle trait and urinary tract infections in pregnancy. International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology 33: 19-21, 1990.
- Baill, IC, Cullins, VE. Counseling issues in tubal sterilization. American Family Physician 67:1287–1294, 2003.
- Baill, I. Cori, MD and Castiglioni, Analia MD. Health maintenance of postmenopausal women. American Family Physician 95(9):561-570, 2017 (invited review).
- Baill, I. Cori; Ben Khallouq, Berta; Oloruntomi, Joledo; Larkin, Robert; Jacobs, Anna; and Dil, Nyla. How post baccalaureate career changers and traditional medical students differ academically. Southern Medical Journal. 2019 Dec;112(12):610-616. (selected for commentary)
- Baill, I. C. Medical Abortion Care During a Pandemic. Journal of Patient Experience. https://doi.org/10.1177/2374373520929923. Online publication first June 2020.
- Baill, Cori. A woman’s age a factor in her abortion decision. The Orlando Sentinel July 19, 1999.
- Baill, Cori. Murdered Kansas doctor (George Tiller) inspired patients, colleagues. The Orlando Sentinel June 7, 2009
- Baill, Cori. Drop bill to shutter safe law-abiding abortion providers. The Orlando Sentinel February 17, 2017
- Baill, Cori. Trump’s gag rule violates medical ethics and human rights. The Orlando Sentinel July 5, 2018
- Baill, Cori. Una ley peligrosa para todos los floridanos | Opinión. The Orlando Sentinel (Spanish ed). Jan 21, 2020
- Baill, I. Cori. Mask up and get vaccinated, a UCF medical school professor urges. The Orlando Sentinel August 2, 2021
- How Postbaccalaureate Career Changer and Traditional Medical Students Differ Academically. IC Baill, BB Khallouq, O Joledo, A Jacobs… – Southern Medical …, 2019 – europepmc.org
** Dr. Baill has also authored short stories, poetry, and children’s stories.
Education & Specialties
- B.S., Nursing, The Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing, Baltimore, MD
- M.D., University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, New Brunswick, NJ
- Residency, Gynecology and Obstetrics, The Johns Hopkins Medical Center, Baltimore, MD
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Narrative Medicine
- Health Education