Dr. Moran-Bano is a board-certified pediatrician with a strong background in academic and administrative leadership. Soon after finishing her academic pediatric fellowship, she became the course director for the Pediatric Resident Continuity Clinic and Ambulatory Pediatrics Clerkship for the Medical University of South Carolina. During her time as director, she was honored with multiple teaching awards by the medical students in the program. Soon after, she was appointed as a Co-Course Director for the Frontiers of Pediatrics in Charleston and Medical Director for the Pediatric Primary Care Clinic at the Medical University of South Carolina.
After returning to Florida, Dr. Moran-Bano became active in resident and student teaching at Arnold Palmer Hospital, Orlando, and was awarded the 2005 Pediatric Resident Teaching Award. She is actively involved in clinical trials and is invested in the community by serving on the board of directors for the Jeanne Moran Foundation and Health Professions Scholarship.
Dr. Moran-Bano joined the College of Medicine in April 2009 and is serving as Pediatric Clerkship Director for the third-year curriculum. She is responsible for developing the goals and objectives and clinical experiences for the clerkship.
- Darden PM, Ector W, Moran CM, Quattlebaum TG. Comparison of Continuity in a resident versus private practice. Pediatrics 2001;108(6)
- Moran CM, Panzarino VM, Darden PM, Reigart JR. Preventive Services: Blood Pressure Monitoring at Well-Child Visits. Clinical Pediatrics. 2003 42(7); 627-634
- Moran CM, Hletko PJ, Darden PM, Reigart JR. Transportation: A Barrier to Care for Rural Children? The eJournal of the South Carolina Medical Association 2003 99(9c); 259-266
- McBurney PG, Moran CM, Ector WL, Quattlebaum TG, Darden PM. Time in continuity clinic as a predictor of continuity of care for pediatric residents. Pediatrics. 2004 Oct;114(4):1023-7
Education & Specialties
- B.A. with high honors Economics and Pre-professional Studies, University of Notre Dame du Lac, Indiana
- M.D. University of South Florida, Tampa
- Residency in Pediatrics, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
- M.S. Biomedical Sciences, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston
- Fellowship in Academic General Pediatrics, Medical University of South Carolina
Clinical and Research Interests
- Electronic Medical Records
- Barriers to the Medical Home
- Asthma Education
- Preventive Services and Patient Safety
- Pediatric Clinical Trials
- Sun Protection in Children
No recent media. Please check back soon.