The College of Medicine Move Begins
ORLANDO, May 28, 2010 — Tuesday, June 1 begins “moving weeks” for the UCF College of Medicine team now located at University Tower. And in the next few days, our office environment will likely be filled with blue plastic boxes, book transport cases and moving labels.
All team members will be moved to the new College of Medicine building at Lake Nona by June 10. Many of us had the opportunity to tour the new facility. Our 41 first-year students visited their new home on Monday, giving it rave reviews. (The anatomy lab, student lounge and student lockers were an especially big hit.)
Larry Langford, assistant director of Health Sciences Campus Operations, offers these tips for making the move easier.
- Be sure everything in your office is packed and labeled before your move date.
- All faculty, staff and students are required to have new ID badges. If you want a different picture than your UCF Campus ID photo on file, you may email a jpeg photo to Larry at email@example.com . Or you can have a photo taken on the date of your key exchange appointment at Lake Nona.
- Key exchange appointments are available June 1 – June 10 at Lake Nona in the College of Medicine Building room 403. Appointment times are from 9:00a.m. – 10:45a.m. and 2:00p.m. – 3:45p.m., every fifteen minutes. At this appointment you will turn in your University Tower Access/Proximity cards and door keys and exchange them for a new College of Medicine ID Badge and keys.
- Please pack all packing boxes full, but do not lift the filled boxes. Let the movers handle them. Put an empty box on the dolly, fill it, close it, and add the next empty box to the stack. Place no more than five crates on a dolly.
- If you have irreplaceable belongings in your office, such as family photos and mementoes, please move those pieces yourself.
- Label each moving box with designated labels, showing the box’s number and your new office number. All labels should face the same direction on the dolly.
- Once you get to Lake Nona, you are free to hang pictures etc. on the wall, but please use standardized picture hangers.
- If you need changes to your office or have problems, please route those concerns through your move coordinator.
- Break rooms, refrigerators and microwaves are functional and in place. The café is not yet operational, so you’ll need to bring snacks and meals from home for the immediate future.