The UCF Professional MD/MBA is a joint program with the UCF College of Business Administration. The MD/MBA is an AACSB-accredited program designed to accommodate UCF medical students who wish to pursue an MBA concurrently while pursuing their medical degree.
The program offers students who aspire to combine medicine and management skills in order to expand their career possibilities in the healthcare industry including positions in hospital administration, health and public policy, medical research and private practice.
Curriculum Schedule for UCF Medical Students
- Year 1 Standard M1 curriculum
- Year 2 Standard M2 curriculum
- Year 3 MBA curriculum, fall and spring terms only
- Monday – 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday – 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Year 4 Standard M3 curriculum
- Year 5 Complete M4 curriculum
Fall Term – 15 credit hours
ACG 6425 Managerial Accounting Analysis
ECO 6115 Economic Analysis of the Firm
ECO 6416 Applied Business Research Tools
MAN 6245 Organizational Behavior and Development
MAR 6466 Strategic Supply Chain Management
Spring Term – 15 credits hours
BUL 6444 Business Law and Ethics
FIN 6406 Strategic Financial Management
GEB 6365 International Business Analysis
MAN 6721 Applied Strategy and Business Policy
MAR 6816 Strategic Marketing Management
Nine hours of pre-selected electives will be transferred from the UCF MD degree as long as the course grades are B- or higher. These include: BMS 6050 and BMS 6911.
The UCF Professional MD/MBA is a cohort-based, limited enrollment program providing a culture of networking and teamwork. The cohort format allows for a diverse group of professionals from a variety of academic and industry backgrounds to challenge their intellect, enhance their capabilities and broaden their perspectives while expanding their professional network.
The UCF Professional MD/MBA program is taught at the UCF Executive Development Center in Downtown Orlando. This state-of-the-art center offer concierge-style conveniences and a central location – providing students with superior accommodations and service while pursuing their MBA.
- Applications for the UCF Professional MD/MBA should be submitted by the end of Year 1 and no later than March 1st of Year 2/MD curriculum.
- Applicants will be required to submit a UCF graduate application, current resume, goal statement and pay the application fee. To apply, visit www.graduate.ucf.edu.
- All transcripts and other supporting documents will be transferred from the applicant’s UCF College of Medicine application.
- Once a candidate’s application and all supporting documents are received and reviewed, the candidate will be contacted for a personal interview at the UCF Executive Development Center.
- UCF medical students who wish to pursue their MBA after completing their medical degree are subject to the standard UCF MBA application requirements.
Program Investment – $30,000
Tuition includes 30 credit hours/10 courses, course software, laptop computer, financial calculator, Wall Street Journal subscription, use of Bloomberg Financial Markets Lab, parking downtown, orientation and graduation events, UCF Executive Development Center alumni events, lifetime UCF alumni membership.
See UCF Professional Full-Time MBA for more information.
Robin Hofler, Admissions Director
UCF Executive Development Center
407-235-3913 or email@example.com