Dr. Yelena Piazza has her Doctorate of Medicine and a Post Doctorate in Medicine. She began her career as an Assistant and worked her way up to Associate Professor at the Karaganda State Medical Institute in Karaganda, Kazakhstan. She later gained experience as an Associate Medical Examiner for the Hillsborough County Medical Examiner’s Office in Tampa, Florida. She completed a surgical oncologic pathology fellowship at the Fox Chase Cancer Center in Philadelphia. Her most recent role was as a Staff Pathologist and the Medical Director of the Clinical Laboratory at the Vidant Chowan/Bertie Hospitals in Greenville, North Carolina. Dr. Piazza joined the College of Medicine in 2020. She sees patients at the Oviedo Medical Center and will be teaching Pathology and cardio/pulmonary courses.
Education & Specialties
- Doctorate of Medicine, Karaganda State Medical Institute, Kazakhstan
- Post Doctorate of Medicine, Almaty State Medical Institute, Kazakhstan
- Surgical Oncologic Pathology
- Clinical and Anatomical Pathology
- Forensic Pathology
- Liver and Pancreatic pathology, Breast oncologic pathology
No recent media. Please check back soon.