Dr. Refaat El-Said, is board-certified in Neurology, Clinical Neurophysiology, Sleep Medicine and Epilepsy. He began his medical career and completed his residency in Neurosurgery at Ain Shams University, School of Medicine in Cairo, Egypt. Dr. El-Said then received training in neurology and clinical neurophysiology at Vanderbilt University. He studied Clinical Neurophysiology with a special emphasis on epilepsy management, including epilepsy surgery and Vagal nerve stimulation (VNS.) He is specialized in the treatment of epilepsy disorders, including preoperative preparation for epilepsy surgery and VNS treatment.
Dr. El-Said was welcomed to the University of Central Florida (UCF), College of Medicine in 2011. Dr. El-Said works closely with the Neurology Clerkship team at UCF COM, and contributes to the M2 and M3 curriculum. He currently directs Comprehensive Neurology Clinic’s 4-bed sleep lab in Orlando, FL. At the clinic, Dr. El-Said treats patients with a variety of neurological and sleep concerns.
Dr. El-Said maintains professional membership with the American Academy of Neurology, the American Academy of Sleep Medicine and the American Association of Neuromuscular and Electrodiagnostic Medicine.
- Neurocutaneous Syndromes, State of the Art Reviews, October, 2002, Adolesc Med 13:495-509, 2002
Education & Specialties
- D., Ain Shams University School of Medicine, Cairo, Egypt
- Residency, Neurosurgery, Ain Shams University School of Medicine, Cairo, Egypt
- Residency, Neurology, Vanderbilt Medical Center, Nashville, TN
- Fellowship, Clinical Neurophysiology, Vanderbilt Medical Center, Nashville, TN
- Neuroelectric interfaces
- Development of artificial limbs
No recent media. Please check back soon.