Dr. Mamta Mangal is a Primary Care Section Chief with the Orlando VA Medical Center. She supervises all clinical and administrative aspects of Primary Care, including oversight of the PACT teams and the Women’s Health Clinic. Dr. Mangal also participates in Outpatient Direct Patient Care and serves on hospital committees with the Orlando VA. These include the VISN 8 PACT Steering Committee, Performance Measure Improvement Committee, Orlando VA Opioid Safety Review Board, Disruptive Patient Review Committee, and the ICD-10 Implementation Committee.
Dr. Mangal has served as the Director of the Continuity Clinic with the Orlando VA Medical Center. Within this role, she developed both Continuity Clinic core curriculum and Acute Care Continuity Clinic curriculum. She established the initial program schedules and format for the newly developed residency program. Dr. Mangal also ensured that the new policies and curricula incorporated current evidence-based best practices in Internal Medicine. She functions in a dual role, as both staff physician and clinical educator for the Internal Medicine residency program. Additionally, Dr. Mangal serves on the Clinical Competency Committee, Program Evaluation Committee, and the Internal Medicine Workgroup Committee.
Dr. Mangal is licensed and board certified in Internal Medicine. In 2014, she joined the UCF College of Medicine as an Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine. In this role, Dr. Mangal has served as a Clinic Instructor for first year medical students and a Portfolio Advisor for second year medical students. She is an American College of Physicians Fellow and a member of the Society of General Internal Medicine. In 2014, Dr. Mangal traveled on a medical mission to rural Gujarat, India to serve the medical needs of indigent patients at the RMS Hospital.
In partnership with the VA, UCF College of Medicine has identified individuals that provide a significant contribution to the college and medical students. Dr. Mangal joined the college in September of 2016 as part of this partnership. VA faculty members are invited to participate in teaching assignments, curriculum and admissions committees, student affairs and research mentorship. Their contributions make a significant impact for both the college and students.
Recent Publications and Presentations
Peer Reviewed Publications
- Axley P, Bryan T, Mangal M, Snyder E, Castiglioni A. Panacea or Placebo: 10 Years of X+Y Ambulatory Scheduling in Internal Medicine Residency. AAIMInsight, V14:4. 2016 Dec.
- Smith-Martinez C, Mangal M, Wright A, Meyer, R, Davis L, Colon-Molero A, Thompson JC. Pearls and Pitfalls: The inception of a new internal medicine residency program continuity clinic using the 4+1 rotational schedule in a Veterans Affairs primary care clinic. Oral presentation at the 2015 Southern Society of General Internal Medicine Meeting. New Orleans LA. February 2015.
- Implementing an X:Y Ambulatory Clinic Schedule: Reinvention vs Starting From Scratch Society of General Internal Medicine. New Orleans, LA. February 2015.
- Unintended Consequences of X+Y Ambulatory Clinic Model: Impact on Resident Professionalism and Patient-Centered Care Academic Internal Medicine Week 2015 (AAIM). Atlanta, GA. October 2015.
- Diabetes Management: The Benefits of Sharing. Presented at 26th Annual IHI National Forum on Quality Improvement in Healthcare, Orlando, FL – Dec 2014. Presented at National Healthcare Quality Week at Orlando VA Medical Center, 2nd place, Orlando, FL- Oct 2014.
- A Grave Dilemma. Resident Abstract Competition, Florida Chapter ACP 2015. Orlando, FL. March 2015.
Education & Specialties
- M.D., The University of Bombay, Grant Medical College, Mumbai, India
- Residency, Internal Medicine, The Christ Hospital, Cincinnati, OH
- PACT (Patient Aligned Care Team) Train the Trainer Certification, 2013
- ICD-10 Physician Trainer, Orlando VA, 2014-Present
- VA Coaching/Mentoring Certification, 2015
- VISN 8 Competency Development for Leaders in the 21st Century (CDL) Graduate (VA Leadership Program), 2015
- Battlefield Auricular Acupuncture Certification, 2015
- VA Womenâ€™s Health Designated Provider Training/Certification, 2010 and 2016
- Internal Medicine
- D2d: Vitamin D and type 2 diabetes
No recent media. Please check back soon.