Dr. Jose Rubero is the Associate Program Director for the University of Central Florida (UCF) Medical School Emergency Medicine Residency Program at Osceola Regional Medical Center in Kissimmee, Florida.
Prior to this, he was the Clerkship Director and Faculty member of the Emergency Medicine Residency Program at Florida Hospital in East Orlando, Florida. As well as the Site Clerkship Director in Emergency Medicine at University of Central Florida School of Medicine, Florida State University School of Medicine and NOVA Southeastern University School of Osteopathic Medicine.
He has educational appointments as Associate as well as Assistant Professor at University of Central Florida, Florida State University, Universidad Central del Caribe, Kansas City University, NOVA DO School, LECOM, and other medical/osteopathic schools.
Dr. Rubero received his MD from the Universidad Central Del Caribe School of Medicine, in Puerto Rico, where he later designed a medical student curriculum in emergency medicine, and was appointed as Associate Professor.
During his medical school training, Dr. Rubero was recognized by the American Red Cross and by the Puerto Rican government for excellence in helping the community.
He completed two residencies:
- Emergency Medicine at Weill Cornell Medical College, Lincoln Medical Center Campus in the Bronx, New York
- Internal Medicine at Mt. Sinai School of Medicine, Cabrini Medical Center campus in New York City, New York
He moved to Florida, where he joined Florida Emergency Physicians (FEP) as an emergency medicine attending for the Florida Hospital System in Central Florida. In 2009, he was appointed as the assistant medical director for the Florida Hospital EMS, Flight and Transfer Center until 2013.
Dr. Rubero’s goal is to integrate the Emergency Medicine Curriculum as part of the medical schools’ curriculum. His interests are cardiology, pulmonary, critical care and EMS.
Education & Specialties
- B.S. General Sciences,Â University of Puerto Rico,Â RÃo Piedras, Puerto Rico
- M.D. Universidad Central del Caribe,Â BayamÃ³n, PR
- Residency in Internal Medicine,Â Mount Sinai School of Medicine Program
- Residency in Emergency Medicine,Â Cornell University School of Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
No recent media. Please check back soon.