Dr. Frederick Fisher is board certified in Surgery and Vascular Surgery. He is currently a Vascular Surgeon with the Orlando VA Medical Center and an Assistant Professor of Surgery with the UCF College of Medicine. Prior to moving to Orlando, Dr. Fisher was an Instructor of Surgery for Residents in Family Practice and Podiatry Programs, a Private Practice Vascular Surgeon, and Clinical Instructor in Surgery.
Dr. Fisher is an American College of Surgeons Fellow, a member of several Vascular Surgery Societies, and an Association of VA Surgeons Member. He was named in the National Registry of Who’s Who in 2000. He has been listed as a Top Doc in General and Vascular Surgery and Women Vascular Surgery in South Jersey Magazine. Dr. Fisher has also been listed four times as a Top Doc for Vascular Surgery in South Jersey Magazine, between 2008-2013.
In partnership with the VA, UCF College of Medicine has identified individuals that provide a significant contribution to the college and medical students. Dr. Fisher joined the college in May of 2016 as part of this partnership. VA faculty members are invited to participate in teaching assignments, curriculum and admissions committees, student affairs and research mentorship. Their contributions make a significant impact for both the college and students.
Recent Publications & Presentations
Peer Reviewed Publications
- Riles TS, Berenstein A, Fisher FS, Persky MS, Madrid M. Reconstruction of the Ligated External Carotid Artery for Embolization of Cervicofacial Arteriovenous Malformations. Journal of Vascular Surgery. 1993. 17(3): 491-498.
- Riles TS, Fisher FS, Schaefer S, Pasternack PF, Baumann FG. Plasma Catecholamine Concentration During Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Surgery: The Link to Peri-Operative Myocardial Ischemia. Annals of Vascular Surgery. 1993. 7(3): 213-219.
- Fisher FS, Riles TS, Oldford F, Nassisi D, Lamb-Susca L. Is Ocular Pneumophlethysmography (GEE) A Cost-Effective Screening Test for Asymptomatic Carotid Disease? Journal of Vascular Technology. 1993. 17(3): 135-139.
- Marchianno D, Fisher FS, Hofstetter S. Epithelioid Hemangioendothelioma of the Heart with Distant Metastasis: A Case Report and Literature Review. Journal of Cardiothoracic Surgery. 1993. 34(6): 529-533.
- Riles TS, Fisher FS, Lamparello PJ, et al. Intermediate and Long-Term Results of Carotid Endarterectomy for Asymptomatic High-Grade Stenosis. Annals of Vascular Surgery. 1994. 8(2): 144-149.
- Rockman CB, Riles TS, Fisher FS, et al. The Surgical Management of Carotid Artery Stenosis in Patients with Previous Neck Irradiation. American Journal of Surgery. 1996. 172:191-195.
- Simulation Working Group Rounds. Vascular Surgery Simulation: Bridging the Gap Between Medical School and Residency. Orlando VA Medical Center. November 17, 2014.
- Inter-Disciplinary Rounds. Focal Aortic Pathology. Orlando VA Medical Center. April 3, 2014.
- Medical Grand Rounds. Extracranial Cerebrovascular Disease: Prevention of Stroke in 2014. Orlando VA Medical Center. March 25, 2014.
- Surgical Rounds. Carotid Case Presentations. Orlando VA Medical Center. January 23, 2014.
Education & Specialties
- B.A., Biochemistry, Columbia College, New York, NY
- M.D., Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY
- Fellowship, Vascular Surgery, New York University Medical Center, New York, NY
- Residency, General Surgery, New York University Medical Center, New York, NY
- Vascular Surgery
- Vascular Surgery
- Simulated Vascular Surgery
No recent media. Please check back soon.