- MD- Health Sciences Center, SUNY Syracuse, 1990
- Internship and Residency: University of Connecticut Program, Internal Medicine, 1990-1993
- Fellowship: Pulmonary/ Critical Care/Occupational Medicine, Masters in Public Health in Environmental Health, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 1993-1997
- NIH Research Fellow, Pulmonary and Environmental Health, University of Washington 1997-1998
- Medical Officer and Commissioned Officer USPHS, Respiratory Division, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, CDC-P, 1998-2000
- Staff Physician, Co-fellowship Director, Pulmonary/Critical Care Medicine, The Graduate Hospital, Philadelphia, PA 2000-2002
- Assistant Professor, Pulmonary/Critical Care/ Sleep Medicine, Department of Medicine, Stonybrook Medicine, NY 2002-2010
- Associate Professor, Pulmonary/Critical Care/ Sleep Medicine, Department of Medicine, Stonybrook Medicine, NY 2010-2015
- Founding Chief , Section of Pulmonary, Respiratory Care and Critical Care Medicine, Orlando VA, Florida 2015- 2016
- Staff Physician, Section of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Orlando VA, 2016-present
For a complete list of publications, please click here.
- Wackett A, Daroowalla F, Lu W, Chandran. The Fourth Year as a Stepping Stone to Graduate Medical Education: Lessons learned from a curriculum reform process. Submitted April 2015.
- Roberts L, Lu WH, Go R, Daroowalla F. Effect of Bedside Physical Diagnosis Training on Third Year Medical Students’ Physical Exam Skills. Teaching and Learning in Medicine. 2014: 26 (1): 81-5.
- Lester P, Daroowalla F, Harisingani R, Sykora A, Lolis J, Patrick P, Feuerman M, Berger J. Evaluation of Housestaff Knowledge and Perception of Competence in Palliative Symptom Management. Journal of Palliative Medicine. 2011 Feb; 14(2):139-45. Epub 2011 Jan 9.
- Solomita M, Palmer L, Daroowalla F, LeBlanc D, Lui J, Smaldone G. Humidification and Secretion Volume in Mechanically Ventilated Patients. Respiratory Care. Respir Care. 2009 Oct;54(10):1329-35.
- Banks DE, Shi R, McLarty J, Cowl CT, Smith D, Tarlo SM, Daroowalla F, Balmes J, Baumann M.; American College of Chest Physicians consensus statement on the respiratory health effects of asbestos. Results of a Delphi study. Chest. Jun 2009 135(6): 1619-27.
- Solomita M, Daroowalla F, Leblanc D, Smaldone G. Y-piece Temperature and Humidification During Mechanical Ventilation. Respiratory Care. 2009 Apr; 54(4):480-6.
- Tarlo SM, Balmes J, Balkissoon R, Beach J, Beckett W, Bernstein D, Blanc PD, Brooks SM, Cowl CT, Daroowalla F, Harber P, Lemiere C, Liss GM, Pacheco KA, Redlich CA, Rowe B, Heitzer J. Diagnosis and management of work-related asthma: American College Of Chest Physicians Consensus Statement. Chest. 2008 Sep;134(3 Suppl):1S-41S.
- Palmer LB, Smaldone GC, Chen JJ, Baram D, Duan T, Monteforte M, Varela M, Tempone AK, O’Riordan T, Daroowalla F, Richman PS, Aerosolized Antibiotics and Respiratory Infection in Intubated Patients. Crit Care Med. 2008 Jul;36(7):2008-13.
- Baram D, Daroowalla F, Garcia RB, Zhang G, Chen JJ, Healy E, Riaz, Richman PS, Use of the All Patient Refined-Diagnosis Related Group (APR-DRG) Risk of Mortality Score as a Severity Adjustor in the Medical ICU. Clinical Medicine: Circulatory, Respiratory and Pulmonary Medicine 2008:2 19–25.