Dr. Diana Stripp earned her medical degree from the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey. She completed her internship at the University Hospital of the Robert Wood Johnson Medical School and residency at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania. Dr. Stripp is certified with the American Board of Radiology and American Board of Medical Specialties: Hospice and Palliative. She is the Service Chief in the Department of Radiation Oncology with the Orlando VA Medical Center. Prior to this, Dr. Stripp was an Assistant Professor at the University of Pennsylvania and the Service Chief in the Department of Radiation Oncology, Philadelphia VA Medical Center. She also served as the Radiation Oncology Residency Site Program Director with the University of Pennsylvania and an Instructor of the Master of Medical Physics Program with the University of Pennsylvania.
Dr. Stripp has served as a guest reviewer for the International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics and been a member of the American Board of Radiology Written Examination Task Force. She has received many awards over the course of her career, including the Association of Residents in Radiation Oncology Teacher of the Year Award in 2005. This award recognizes outstanding teachers and mentors of radiation oncology residents.
In partnership with the Orlando VA, UCF College of Medicine has identified individuals that provide a significant contribution to the college and medical students. Dr. Stripp joined the college in July of 2016 as part of this partnership. VA faculty members are invited to participate in teaching assignments, curriculum and admissions committees, student affairs and research mentorship. Their contributions make a significant impact for both the college and students.
Peer Reviewed Publications
- McMillan MT, Ojerholm E, Roses RE, Plastaras JP, Metz JM, Mamtani R, Karakousis GC, Fraker DL, Drebin JA, Stripp D, Ben-Josef E, Datta J. Adjuvant Radiation Therapy Treatment Time Impacts Overall Survival in Gastric Cancer. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. Oct 2015 (Vol. 93, Issue 2, Pages 326-36).
- Datta J, Lewis RS Jr, Mamtani R, Stripp D, Kelz RR, Drebin JA, Fraker DL, Karakousis GC, Roses RE: Implications of Inadequate Lymph Node Staging in Resectable Gastric Cancer. A Contemporary Analysis Using the National Cancer Data Base. Cancer. 2014 Sep 15;120(18):2855-65.
- Ojerholm E, Stripp D, Mamtani R, Van Arsdalen K, Tripp P. Angiosarcoma of the Bladder Following Prostate Radiotherapy. Am J Med. 2015 May;128(5):e11-2.
- Finlay JC, Zhu TC, Dimofte A, Stripp D, Malkowicz SB, Whittington R, Miles J, Glatstein E, Hahn SM. In vivo Determination of the Absorption and Scattering Spectra of the Human Prostate During Photodynamic Therapy. Proc SPIE Int Soc Opt Eng. 2014 Jun 14;5315:132-142.
- L Bonner Millar, D Stripp, J Cooper, S Both, P James, R Rengan. Definitive Radiotherapy for Unresected Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma of the Trachea. Chest. 2012 May;141(5):1323-6.
- M Machtay, T Pajak, M Suntharalingam, G Shenouda, D Hershock, DC Stripp, AJ Cmelak, A Schulsinger, K Fu. Radiotherapy with or without Erythropoietin for Anemic Patients with Head and Neck Cancer. A Randomized Trial of the Radiation Therapy Oncology Group (RTOG 99-03). Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 15 November 2007 (Vol. 69, Issue 4, Pages 1008-1017).
- JC Finlay, TC Zhu, A Dimofte, D Stripp, SB Malkowicz, TM Busch, SM Hahn. Interstitial Fluorescence Spectroscopy in the Human Prostate During Motexafin Lutetium-Mediated Photodynamic Therapy. Photochemistry and Photobiology 2006 Sep, 82 (5), 1270–1278.
- Du KL, Mick R, Busch TM, Zhu TC, Finlay JC, Yu G, Yodh AG, Malkowicz SB, Smith D, Whittington R, Stripp D, Hahn SM. Preliminary Results of Interstitial Motexafin Lutetium-Mediated PDT for Prostate Cancer. Lasers Surg Med. 2006 Jun;38(5):427-34.
- Geiger G, Lin A, Stripp D, Quon H. Radiation for Sinonasal Tumors. Sinonasal Tumors. Chiu AG, Ramakrishnan V, Suh JD (eds.). Jaypee Brothers, 2011.
- Diana Stripp and Eli Glatstein. Radiation Complication in Hematology-Oncology Therapy. Ed: MM Boyiadzis, PF Lebowitz, JN Frame, T Fojo. McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA. 2007:694–717.