Dr. Lebowitz obtained his MD at SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, NY and completed his Emergency Medicine Residency at Florida Hospital in Orlando, FL where he served as Chief Resident. Dr. Lebowitz is the Program Director of the University of Central Florida/HCA Healthcare Emergency Medicine Residency of Greater Orlando at Osceola Regional Medical Center. Dr. Lebowitz successfully completed a certificate in Informatics from AMIA – OHSU/ACEP. His academic efforts are focused on supporting the Medical Informatics Longitudinal Curricular Theme for the UCF College of Medicine as their Co-Director. As the Co-Director for the Medical Informatics LCT he introduces all of the medical students to the concept of Informatics, the world of electronic resources, and teaches evidence based medicine which helps students immerse themselves in lifelong learning.
Dr. Lebowitz also is Co-Director for the WikiProject Medicine elective where fourth year medical students have the opportunity to improve and enrich the quality of Wikipedia Health related articles, through use of evidence based resources and critical appraisal of the literature. Dr. Lebowitz’s dedication to innovative education has been recognized by the University of Central Florida College of Medicine, awarding him both the Innovative Teaching Award and Early Career Educator Award.
Dr. Lebowitz’s academic interests are in innovative learning strategies for medical students and residents. He has a strong passion in integrating technology with medical education and patient care.
- Samson M, Fraser W, Lebowitz D. Treatments for Primary Immune Thrombocytopenia: A Review. Cureus 2019 October; 11(10): e5849. PMID: 31754584
- Herndon LK, Stead TG, Ganti L, Jasper T, Lebowitz D. Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Band Slippage Presenting as Chest Pain. Cureus 2019 July; 11(7): e5069. PMID: 31516780
- MacIntosh T, Lebowitz DC, Ganti L. Medical students and metrics: seven techniques for a win-win situation. INTJEM 2019 May; 12:13. PMID:31179935
- Fusco N, Stead T, Lebowitz D, et al. Traumatic Corneal Abrasion. Cureus 2019 April; 11(4): e4396. PMID:31223554
- Craen A, Lebowitz D, et al. Mucinous Cystadenoma Causing Abdominal Distension: A Case Report. Cureus 2018 November; 10(11): e3657. PMID: 30740282
- Harimtepathip P, Lee J, Griffith E, Williams G, Patel R, Lebowitz D, et al. Quick Sepsis-related Organ Failure Assessment Versus Systemic Inflammatory Response Syndrome Criteria for Predicting Organ Dysfunction and Mortality. Cureus 2018 October; 10(10): e3511. PMID: 30613455
- Chen A, Shariati F, Chan T, Lebowitz D. A Review of Adverse Outcomes Following Intravenous Morphine Usage for Pain Relief in Acute Coronary Syndrome. Cureus 2018 September;10(9): e3246. PMID: 30937227
- Leon L, Kramer N, Ganti L, Amico K, Dub L, Lebowitz D, et al. Sepsis Cards and Facts: A Simple Way to Increase Sepsis Bundle Compliance. Cureus 2018 September;10(9): e3245. PMID: 30937226
- Ganti L, Lebowitz D. What is the Best Imaging Study to Rule Out Pulmonary Embolism in Pregnancy? Ann Emerg Med 2018 July;pii: S0196-0644(18)30429-3. PMID: 30031557
- Murphy E, Lababidi A, Reddy R, Mendha T, Lebowitz D. The Role of Thrombolytic Therapy for Patients with a Submassive Pulmonary Embolism. Cureus 2018 June;10(6):e2814. PMID: 30397555
- Kramer N, Lebowitz D, Walsh M, et al. Rapid Sequence Intubation in Traumatic Brain-injured Adults. Cureus 2018 Apr;10(4):e2530. PMID: 29946498
- Lebowitz DC, Ko MW, Cameron EK, Ko PY. Cerebral Sinus Thrombosis in a 6-Year-Old Boy After a Minor Head Injury. Pediatr Emerg Care. 2014 Mar;30(3):177-9. PMID: 24589805