- Clerkship Director IM, Medical College of Wisconsin (2002-2009)
- Program director IM, University of Pittsburgh – Shadyside ( 2009-2011)
- Vice-Chair for Education, Dept. of Medicine Drexel University College of Medicine, (2012-2014)
- Associate Director for Evaluation, HPE program, Uniformed Services University (2015-2020)
- Professor of Medicine UCF COM ( 2021-present)
For a complete list of publications, please click here.
- Torre DM, Daley BJ, Sebastian JL, Elnicki DM. Overview of current learning theories for medical educators. Am J Med. 2006;119(10):903-7.
- Daley BJ, Torre DM. Concept maps in medical education: an analytical literature review. Med Educ. 2010; 44(5):440-8.
- Torre, DM, Van Der Vleuten,C, Dolmans,D. Theoretical perspectives and applications of group learning in PBL. Medical teacher . 2015; 15: 1-7
- Torre, DM, Daley, BL, Picho,K., Durning SJ. Group concept mapping: an approach to explore group knowledge organization and collaborative learning in senior medical students. Medical Teacher. 2017. 38(2); 1-6
- Surry, LT., Torre, DM and Durning, SJ. Exploring examinee behaviors as validity evidence for multiple-choice question examinations. Med Educ. 2017; 51(10): 1075-85
- Maggio LA, Daley BJ, Pratt DD, Torre DM. Honoring thyself in the transition to online teaching. Academic Medicine. 2018 Aug 1;93(8):1129-34.
- Torre DM, Hernandez CA, Castiglioni A, Durning SJ, Daley BJ, Hemmer PA, LaRochelle J. The Clinical Reasoning Mapping Exercise (CResME): a new tool for exploring clinical reasoning. Perspectives on medical education. 2019 Feb 1;8(1):47-51.
- Dumas, D, McNeisch, Schreiber-Gregory,D, Durning, S, Torre D. Dynamic Measurement in Health Profession Education: rationale, application and Possibilities. Academic Medicine, 2019
- Torre DM, Schuwirth LW, Van der Vleuten CP. Theoretical considerations on programmatic assessment. Medical Teacher. 2020 Feb 1;42(2):213-20.
- Torre DM, Durning SJ, Rencic J, Lang V, Holmboe E, Daniel M. Widening the lens on teaching and assessing clinical reasoning: from “in the head” to “out in the world”. Diagnosis. 2020 Aug 27;7(3):181-90.
- Bala L, van der Vleuten C, Freeman A, Torre D, Heeneman S, Sam AH. COVID‐19 and programmatic assessment. The Clinical Teacher. 2020.
- Torre DM, Dong T, Schreiber-Gregory D, Durning SJ, Pangaro L, Pock A, Hemmer PA. Exploring the Predictors of Post-Clerkship USMLE Step 1 Scores. Teaching and Learning in Medicine. 2020 Feb 18:1-7.