Dr. Danish Bhatti is a Movement Disorders Neurologist and educates other physicians on an international level. Dr. Bhatti has directed an online mini-fellowship in Movement Disorders since 2017, resulting in over 80 Neurologists trained in 13 various countries. Dr. Bhatti directs annual training camps and workshops in Movement Disorders regionally, nationally, and internationally, including use of botulinum toxin and Deep Brain Stimulation Therapy. Dr. Bhatti has a strong interest in online and blended learning and has designed and directed hybrid workshops on neurological examination and botulinum toxin injections, presenting his skills at workshops at a number of American Academy of Neurology annual meetings.
Dr. Bhatti joined the UCF College of Medicine in 2022. He will serve as the college’s Neurology Clerkship Director and teach in the Brain & Behavior Module throughout the year. Dr. Bhatti has been recognized with an A.B. Baker Teacher Recognition Award by the American Academy of Neurology, an International Best Teacher Award from the Pakistan Society of Neurology and Impact in Education for Innovative Practices Award, and a campus-wide award at the University of Nebraska. His teaching mission is to translate his clinical practice and passion to his learners so that they can join him in providing the best patient-center care and outstanding results for his patients.
As a member of the national Parkinson Study Group Dr. Bhatti participates in many multi-center clinical trials for Parkinson’s Disease and Biomechanics. He has written multiple book chapters and editorials and published 26 peer-reviewed papers and 35 abstracts. He has presented over 100 lectures both nationally and internationally. Dr. Bhatti’s YouTube video, ‘5 min neurological examination’ has 3.5 million views, and his channel has 4,000+ subscribers. Dr. Bhatti is a founding Director of the MERIT Academy (an online distance learning resource for continuing education) and broadcasts a successful podcast titled “Mini Fellowship in Movement Disorders” on iTunes.
To learn more about Dr. Bhatti, you can visit his LinkedIn profile.
- Howard E. Gendelman, Yuning Zhang, Pamela Santamaria, Katherine E. Olson, Charles R. Schutt, Danish Bhatti, Bhagya Laxmi Dyavar Shetty, Yaman Lu, Katherine A. Estes, David G. Standaert, Elizabeth Heinrichs-Graham, LuAnn Larson, Jane L. Meza, Matthew Follett, Erica Forsberg, Gary Siuzdak, Tony W. Wilson, Carolyn Peterson & R. Lee Mosley. Evaluation of the safety and immunomodulatory effects of sargramostim in a randomized, double-blind phase 1 clinical Parkinson’s disease trial. NPJ Parkinson Dis. 2017 Mar 23;3:10
- Bhatti D, Thompson R J, Hellman A M, Penke C, Bertoni J, Torres-Russotto D. Smartphone Apps provide a simple, accurate bedside screening tool for Orthostatic Tremor. Mov Disord Clin Pract. 2017 Oct 8;4(6):852-857 (PMID: 30363432)
- Michelle Fullard, Dylan Thibault, Andrew Hill, Joellyn Fox, Danish Bhatti, Michelle A. Burack, Nabila Dahodwala, Elizabeth Haberfeld, Drew Kern, Olga S Klepitskaya, Enrique Urrea-Mendoza, Phillip Myers, John G. Nutt, Miriam Rafferty, Jason M. Schwalb, Lisa M. Shulman, and Allison W. Willis. Utilization of Rehabilitation Therapy Services in Parkinson’s disease in the United States. Parkinson Study Group Healthcare Outcomes and Disparities Working Group. Neurology. 2017 Sep 12;89(11):1162-9
- Kerui Xu, M.P.H, Ph.D(c); Nada Alnaji, M.P.H, M.D.; John M. Bertoni, M.D., Ph.D; Li-Wu Chen, M.H.S.A, Ph.D; Danish Bhatti, M.D; Fei Jiang, M.P.H; Ming Qu, M.D., Ph.D Comorbid conditions in Parkinson’s disease: a population-based study of statewide Parkinson’s Disease Registry. Neuroepidemiology 2018;50:7-17.
- Junaid Siddiqui, Zakiyah Aldaajani, Raja Mehanna, Barbara Kelly Changizi, Danish Bhatti, Ziyad Ghazi Al-Johani, Aparna Wagle Shukla, Hubert H. Fernandez, Jawad A. Bajwa. Rationale and patient selection for interventional therapies in Parkinson’s disease. Expert Review of Neurotherapeutics. 2018 Nov; 18(11):811-823. (PMID: 30328737)
- Bhatti, D. ., Zafar, W. ., & Rafiq, S. . (2020). Challenges as Opportunities: Adapting Tele-Education for Physicians Collaborative Response to COVID-19 Pandemic. Annals of King Edward Medical University, 26 (Special Issue), 112-114.
- Daniel James Weber, Dara VF Albert, Bhooma Raja Aravamuthan, Miya E. Bernson-Leung, Danish Ejaz Bhatti, and Tracey A. Milligan. Rapid Implementation of Cross-Institutional Neurology Resident Education in the Time of COVID-19. Neurology Sep 2020, 10.1212/WNL.0000000000010753;
- Ali F, Hamid U, Zaidat O, Bhatti D and Kalia JS (2020) Role of Artificial Intelligence in TeleStroke: An Overview. Front. Neurol. 11:559322. doi: 10.3389/fneur.2020.559322
- The Parkinson Study Group SURE-PD3 Investigators. Effect of Urate-Elevating Inosine on Early Parkinson Disease Progression: The SURE-PD3 Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA. 2021;326(10):926–939. doi:10.1001/jama.2021.10207
- Role of Specialized Pro-resolving Mediators in reducing Neuroinflammation in Neurodegenerative Disorders, by Jana Ponce, Arzu Ulu, Corrine Hanson, Erin Cameron-Smith, John Bertoni, Jenna Wuebker, Alfred Fisher, Joseph Siu, Vivien Marmelat, Jiri Adamec, Danish Ejaz Bhatti, Front. Aging Neurosci., 17 February 2022 | https://doi.org/10.3389/fnagi.2022.780811
- Bhatti D., Multiple Systems Atrophy. Ferri’s Clinical Advisor 2019 (Elsevier)
- Bhatti D., Multiple Systems Atrophy. Ferri’s Clinical Advisor 2018 (Elsevier)
- Bhatti D., Multiple Systems Atrophy. Ferri’s Clinical Advisor 2017 (Elsevier)
- Bhatti D., Torres-Russotto D., Movement Disorders. Taylor’s Manual of Family Medicine (Lippincott Manual Series) 4th Edition
Education & Specialties
- MD, King Edwards Medical University, Pakistan
- Movement Disorders
- Medical/Clinical Simulation
- Development of Online Courses
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Orthostatic Tremor
- Huntington Disease
- Online Education, Distance Learning
No recent media. Please check back soon.