Dr. Allison Carilli is board certified in Internal Medicine as well as in Hematology and Medical Oncology. She is currently Associate Program Director of the UCF Transitional Year Residency program, an alternate member of the Orlando VAMC Research and Development Committee and director of the UCF Internal Medicine Residency Curriculum. Dr. Carilli has extensive teaching experience. Presently, she is a Clinical Lecturer to UCF Internal Medicine residents as well a UCF COM medical students.
While completing her medical training, The University of Florida College of Medicine inducted Dr. Carilli into the Chapman Chapter of the Gold Humanism Society and presented with her the Mark Herrbold Memorial Award. This award is presented to a third year student who has overcome great personal adversity and still succeeded in medical school. Dr. Carilli is also involved with many professional organizations. She is a member of the American Society of Hematology and was one of twenty members to participate in the inaugural class of their Medical Educators Institute.
In partnership with the VA, UCF College of Medicine has identified individuals that provide a significant contribution to the college and medical students. Dr. Carilli joined the college in August of 2016 as part of this partnership. VA faculty members are invited to participate in teaching assignments, curriculum and admissions committees, student affairs and research mentorship. Their contributions make a significant impact for both the college and students.
Recent Publications and Presentations
- Fretwell T, King-Morris K, Carilli A. Significance of Screening for Paraprotein Related Disorders in Chronic Kidney Disease. Orlando VA Medical Center.
- Hess D, Carilli A. Diagnostic Markers and Clinical Severity of Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia in Patients with History of Exposure to Agent Orange. Orlando VA Medical Center.
Peer Reviewed Articles
- Carilli A, Favis G, Sundharkrishnan L, Hajdenberg J. Severe Dermatologic Reactions with Bendamustine: A Case Series. Case Reports in Oncology. 2014;7:465-470. DOI:10.1159/000365324.
- Khaja F, Carilli A, Baidas S, Sriharan A, Norford S. PEComa: A Perivascular Epithelioid Cell Tumor in the Liver-A Case Report and Review of the Literature. Case Reports in Medicine. 2013:904126. DOI:10.1155/2013/904126. Epub 2013 Dec 29.
- Carilli AR, Sugrue MW, Rosenau EH, Chang M, Fisk D, Medei-Hill M, Williams K, Wiggins L, Wingard JR. African American Adult Apheresis Donors Respond to Granulocyte-Colony-Stimulating Factor with Neutrophil and Progenitor Cell Yields Comparable to those of Caucasian and Hispanic Donors. Transfusion. 2012 Jan:52(1):166-72. DOI:10.1111/j.1537-2995.2011.03253.x. Epub 2011 Jul 25.
- Pellini Ferreira B, Carilli A. Challenges in Diagnosing Rare Silent Tumors: A Case of Hepatoid Carcinoma of the Pancreas. Florida Chapter ACP. 2015. Publication Pending.
- Carilli AR, Sugrue MW, Chang M, Fisk D, Medei M, Williams K, Wiggins L, Wingard JR. African American Adult Donors Respond to G-CSF with Progenitor Cell Yields Comparable to Caucasian and Hispanic Donors.
- Chaaya G. Carilli A, Komarla A. A Rare Form of Amyloidosis in a Patient with Gout. National ACP Meeting. Poster Presentation. May 2016.
- Almukhtar T, Pellini Ferreira B, Carilli A. An Unusual Case of Bleeding Diathesis: A Resilient Acquired Factor VIII Inhibitor. Florida Chapter ACP. Poster Presentation. 2016.
- Carilli A, Harman E, Beyth R. When Septic Shock is not Sepsis. Southern Society of General Internal Medicine. New Orleans, LA. 2008.