All Moved In
ORLANDO, June 11, 2010 — As of today, everyone has officially been moved to our new home, the College of Medicine’s new building at the UCF Health Sciences Campus at Lake Nona. Thanks to all for their patience, collaboration, planning and teamwork in moving faculty members, staff members and administrators to Lake Nona.
Here are some important announcements:
- Our new main number is 407-266-1000. The new address is 6850 Lake Nona Boulevard, Orlando, 32827
- UCF Campus Police are at the Health Sciences Campus 24/7. Local law enforcement agencies are also backup responders. If you have an emergency, as always, call 911. For non-emergency calls and escorts to your car at night, please call 407-823-5555.
- Starting Monday, the building will be open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. If you need to get into the building after it’s locked, call the Campus Police non-emergency number at 407-823-5555.
- Blue Light phones – identical to the ones on the main campus – are located in the front of the building in the Tavistock Green and in the parking lot. In case of a crime, fire or medical emergency, simply pick up the handset or press the “call” button and you will be connected to a 911 operator.
- Cell phone coverage inside both Burnett Biomedical Sciences building and the College of Medicine building can be spotty, similar to service at a hospital. So you may need to access your cell phone near a window or simply step outside. Lake Nona is working on a solution for improving cell phone service to medical city.
- Wireless access is being activated on each of the floors; however this is not yet complete. We appreciate your patience.
- US Mail is being forwarded from University Tower. Campus mail is being delivered to the College of Medicine on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays between noon and 1 p.m. Additional days will be added as soon as mail run schedules are revised. Currently, mail and packages are being delivered to Lucia Chong’s desk on the third floor.
- Calls to your old University Tower phone number are being forwarded to your new phone for the next 60 days. Please go into GroupWise and change your signature to the current address and your new phone number.
- At this time, it is anticipated that proximity cards will begin working by next week. If you have any questions about access to the building, your offices, etc., please contact Larry Langford, (407-312-6161), Ron Knappenberger (407-808-0849) or Barbara O’Hara (407-342-2188).
- Furniture is being delivered almost daily, and office guest chairs should be arriving by Friday, June 18. Conference room furniture will be installed by the end of June. In the meantime, some conference rooms have been outfitted with temporary furniture.
- Please report any needs or problems to your move coordinator.
- In case of a fire alarm, go to the nearest exit, leave the building and gather in front of the building on the Tavistock Green.
- An evaluation committee has chosen two vendor finalists to run the café and will be starting negotiations very shortly. The goal is to have the café operational as soon as possible. In the meantime, a list of nearby eateries is being circulated and all break rooms have working refrigerators, microwaves, reverse osmosis for water and some small appliances brought from University Tower.