Is commencement on the UCF College of Medicine campus at Lake Nona?
The College of Medicine Commencement ceremony will be held inside The Venue at the Addition Financial Arena. The Venue is located on the north side of campus adjacent to the Addition Financial Arena and near Brighthouse Stadium. See map.
Do I need a ticket?
Students and their guests must RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 30, 2018. Tickets are not required.
Where do I park?
Commencement parking is available in Garage D. Handicap accessible parking is available in Garage D (ground floor only) and Garage F (all floors). Platform Party members should park in Garage F.
Posted signs and university staff will direct mobility impaired guests to the accessible rows of The Venue. Guests with mobility impairments must bring their own wheelchairs. Wheelchairs are not provided by The Venue.
A sign language interpreter will be provided at the commencement ceremony for guests with hearing impairments.
Posted signs and university staff will direct guests with baby strollers to a section providing extra space to accommodate strollers.
Addition Financial Arena Policies
- The Venue’s policies are designed to ensure the safety and comfort of all UCF graduates and their guests. A security check will be conducted for all guests and graduates entering The Venue at the Addition Financial Arena. Patience during this process is appreciated.
- Guests should anticipate long lines and wait times and leave purses, backpacks, and large bags at home to expedite security screenings. Bags larger than 12” x 6” x 12” are not allowed inside The Venue at the Addition Financial Arena. Please keep in mind that travel to the Addition Financial Arena may take longer than expected and plan to arrive approximately one hour prior to the ceremony.
- Once admitted, guests who leave The Venue at the Addition Financial Arena will be required to go through the security screening again prior to reentry. Guests may not access the graduate line-up, graduate processional, or graduate seating areas.
- Guests should note that the temperature inside The Venue at the Addition Financial Arena is much cooler than outside, and should plan to bring a jacket or sweater.
- To maintain the dignity of this formal occasion, the following items are NOT permitted inside The Venue: balloons, bottles, cans, containers, vases, alcoholic beverages, noisemakers, air horns, laser pens, silly string, confetti, banners, signs, or posters. Selfie-sticks are not permitted in the Addition Financial Arena.
- Flowers are permitted inside the Addition Financial Arena, but may not be given to graduates prior to or during the ceremony. To preorder at a discount, please visit https://graduationdayflowers.com/. Vases are not permitted inside the Addition Financial Arena.
- UCF is proud to be a smoke-free campus.
- Pagers, two-way radios and cell phones must be silenced upon entering The Venue.
Can I Take Pictures?
While cameras and video recording equipment are permitted, guests are required to photograph or videotape from their seats only and must not obstruct the view of others. GradImages will take professional pictures of all graduates as they receive their diploma. Graduates will be contacted at a later date with purchasing information but are under no obligation to purchase photos.
What if I can’t attend
You can watch graduation live on YouTube, please stay tuned or see above for the link.