Dr. James Franciosi has his MD from the Wisconsin Medical College in Milwaukee, WI and his MSCE from the University of Pennsylvania. He currently serves as the Division Chief of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology & Nutrition at Nemours Children’s Hospital in Orlando, Florida. Dr. Franciosi has an extensive background in clinical education and research, conducting several clinical trials across many institutions, large multi-site clinical studies on patient reported outcomes, and translational research projects. He has formed several successful teams and active research collaborations in his field, authored several books, and published over 60 peer-reviewed journals.
Dr. Franciosi joined the UCF College of Medicine in 2018 as a Professor of Pediatrics, where he continues to mentor medical students and educate the next generation of physicians. He continues his research, bringing in millions of grant dollars and other external support to his institutions and contribution to the clinical and scientific communities. His endeavors have been recognized with several awards and honors, such as the Nemours Children’s Hospital Excellence in Quality Award, and the AGA/Castell Esophageal Clinical Research Award. He has served on several local committees and is a member of the American Academy of Pediatrics, as well as the International Eosinophil Society. He passes down his years of knowledge and experience by mentoring and educating medical students each year.
- Berg E, Picoraro, J, Miller, S, Srinath, A, Franciosi JP, Hayes, C, Farrell, P, Cole, C, LeLeiko, NS. COVID-19 – A Guide to Rapid Implementation of Telehealth Services: A Playbook for the Pediatric Gastroenterologist. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. April B10, 2020 – Volume Publish Ahead of Print – Issue – doi: 10.1097/MPG.0000000000002749
- Klinnert MD, Atkins D, Pan Z, Franciosi JP, Symptom Burden and Quality of Life Over Time in Pediatric Eosinophilic Esophagitis. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2019 Dec;69(6):682-689.
- Mougey E, Williams A, Kunz Coyne A, Gutierrez-Junquera C, Fernandez-Fernandez S, Cilleruelo ML, Rayo A, Echeverria L, Gonzalez Lois C, Chao M, Al-Atrash H, Lima J, Franciosi JP. CYP2C19 and STAT6 Variants Influence the Outcome of Proton Pump Inhibitor Therapy in Pediatric Eosinophilic Esophagitis. JPGN. 2019 Sep 5. doi: 10.1097/MPG.0000000000002480. [Epub ahead of print]
- Tang M, Blake KV, Mougey EB, Franciosi JP, Schmidt S, Hossain MJ, Cobbaert M, Fischer BM, Lang JE. Genotype tailored treatment of mild symptomatic acid reflux in children with uncontrolled asthma (GenARA): Rationale and methods. Contemp Clin Trials. 2019 Mar;78:27-33.
- Diaz MCG, Wysocki T, Crutchfield JH Jr, Franciosi JP, Werk LN. Provider-Focused Intervention to Promote Comprehensive Screening for Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis by Primary Care Pediatricians. Am J Med Qual. 2019 Mar/Apr;34(2):182-188.
- Werk LN, Diaz MC, Cadilla A, Franciosi JP, Hossain MJ. Promoting Adherence to Influenza Vaccination Recommendations in Pediatric Practice. J Prim Care Community Health. 2019 Jan-Dec;10. https://doi.org/10.1177/2150132719853061
- Diaz M, Wysocki T, Crutchfield J, Franciosi J, Handy L, Dent J, Villanueva R, Antico E, Taylor A, Werk L A. An Intervention to Promote Comprehensive Screening for Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis by Pediatricians. Am J Med Qual. 2019 Mar/Apr;34(2):182-188. doi: 10.1177/1062860618792667. Epub 2018 Aug 10.
- Schwartz EJ, Mougey EB, Chambers NA, Denham JM, Al-Atrash H, Gomez RA, Palomo PJ, Taufiq S, George DE, Evans J, Gong Y, Blake KV, Johnson JA, Lima JJ, Franciosi JP. Novel Implementation of Genotype-Guided Proton Pump Inhibitor Therapy in Children: A Pilot, Randomized, Multi-Site Pragmatic Trial. Clin Pharmacol Ther 2018;103:S16. (LB-003)
- Diaz MCG, Werk LN, Crutchfield JH Jr, Handy LK, Franciosi JP, Dent J, Villanueva R, Antico E, Taylor A, Wysocki T. A Provider-Focused Intervention to Promote Optimal Care of Pediatric Patients With Suspected Elbow Fracture. Pediatr Emerg Care. 2018 Jan 23. doi: 10.1097/PEC.0000000000001417. [Epub ahead of print]
- Varni JW, Shulman RJ, Self MM, Saeed SA, Zacur GM, Patel AS, Nurko S, Neigut DA, Franciosi JP, Saps M, Denham JM, Dark CV, Bendo CB, Pohl JF. Perceived medication adherence barriers mediating effects between gastrointestinal symptoms and health-related quality of life in pediatric inflammatory bowel disease. Pediatric Quality of Life Inventory™ Gastrointestinal Symptoms Module Testing Study Consortium. Qual Life Res. 2018 Jan;27(1):195-204. doi: 10.1007/s11136-017-1702-6. Epub 2017 Sep 8.
- Franciosi JP. Eosinophilic Gastroenteritis. In: Pohl JF, Jolley C, Gelfond D eds. Pediatric Gastroenterololgy: A Color Handbook. Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press; 2014.
- Franciosi JP. Medical Treatment for Pediatric Eosinophilic Esophagitis. In: Liacouras CA, Markowitz JE eds. Eosinophilic Esophagitis. New York: Springer; 2012.
- Franciosi JP, Liacouras CA. Eosinophilic Esophagitis. In: Schwartz W, ed. The 5-Minute Pediatric Consult 6th ed. Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2012.
- Franciosi JP, Markowitz JE, Liacouras. Eosinophilic Esophagitis, Gastroenteritis (Gasteroenterocolitis) and Colitis. In: Metcalfe D, Sampson H, Simon, R eds. Food Allergy: Adverse Reactions to Foods and Food Additives 4th ed. Blackwell Publishing; 2008.
- Franciosi, JP, Loomes, KM. Wilson disease. In: Liacouras CA, Piccoli D. eds. Pediatric gastroenterology: The requisites in pediatrics. Mosby/Elsevier; 2008.
- Winkelstein AL, Blackstone M, Dawid S, Franciosi JP, Nance M. Malrotation and midgut volvulus. In: Frank G, Shah SS, Catallozzi M, Zaoutis LB, (eds). The Philadelphia Guide Inpatient Pediatrics. Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2005.
Education & Specialties
- BS, Biology, Marquette University, Milwaukee, WI
- MS, Cell Biology and Anatomy, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI
- MD, Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI
- MSCE, Epidemiology, Clinical Research, Clinical Trials, University of Pennsylvania
No recent media. Please check back soon.