Researchers in the Division of Cancer Research are on the vanguard of cancer biology, investigating:
- How patients’ genes play a role in their cancer risk.
- What causes cancer and cancer metastasis.
- How cancer cells communicate with the neighboring normal cells.
- The epigenetic changes that play a role in developing drug resistance.
- Discovering new ways to harness the immune system to fight cancer.
- Identifying new targets for companion diagnostics with treatments that reduce side effects
Our collaborative approach harnesses expertise in cutting edge sciences to bring us closer to finding a cure for cancers that cause human mortality — like the metastatic forms of breast and prostate cancer — and the rapidly progressing types of pancreatic, lung, ovarian and head and neck cancers.
Cancer Division Faculty
Dr. Jihe Zhao Associate Professor, PhD Program Coordinator
LOCATION: BBS 316
« Previous 1 2
Cancer Affiliated Faculty
Priya Vishnubhotla, M.D.
Chief of Oncology, Orlando Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Otto Phanstiel IV, Ph.D.
Professor of Medical Education, College of Medicine UCF