About Priya Vishnubhotla, M.D.
Dr. Priya Vishnubhotla has over 15 years’ experience in the medical field. She is board certified in Internal Medicine, with subspecialties in Hematology and Medical Oncology. Dr. Vishnubhotla is the Chief of Medicine at the Orlando VAMC. She is a member of the National Breast Cancer Clinical Advisory Group.
In 2005, Dr. Vishnubhotla received the Resident’s Council “Fellow of the Year” award with the Department of Internal Medicine. Also in 2005, she was the Chief Fellow in the Division of Hematology & Oncology with the Karmanos Cancer Institute at Wayne State University. Dr. Vishnubhotla is a member of the American Society of Hematology, American Society of Oncology, and American Medical Association.
In partnership with the VA, UCF College of Medicine has identified individuals that provide a significant contribution to the college and medical students. Dr. Vishnubhotla joined the college in April of 2016 as part of this partnership. VA faculty members are invited to participate in teaching assignments, curriculum and admissions committees, student affairs and research mentorship. Their contributions make a significant impact for both the college and students.
Peer Reviewed Publications
- Lee MW, Bassiouni R, Sparrow NA, Iketani A, Boohaker RJ, Moskowitz C, Vishnubhotla P, Khaled AS, Oyer J, Copik A, Fernandez-Valle C, Perez JM, Khaled AR. The CT 20P peptide causes detachment and death of metastatic cancer cells by promoting mitochondrial aggregation and cytoskeletal disruption. Cell Death Dis. 2014; May 22;5.
- Boohaker RJ, Lee MW, Vishnubhotla P, Perez JM, Khaled AR. The Use of Therapeutics Peptides to Target and to Kill Cancer Cells. Curr Med Chem. 2012;19(22):3794-804.
- Bassiouni R, Lee MW, Iketani A, Vishnubhotla P, Khaled AS, Perez JM, Khaled AR. Chaperonin Containing-TCP-1 Protein Level in Breast Cancer Cells Predicts Therapeutic Application of a Cytotoxic Peptide Clin Can Res. Submitted-revision. 2015.
- Molecular Testing of Cytology Specimens: Are We Ready for the New Era? Cancer Cytopathology. Submitted-Accepted.
- Vishnubhotla P, Ibrahim R, Abidi M, Chandrasekar P. Fever and Eosinophilia Associated with Voriconazole Therapy. Annals of Pharmacotherapy May 2004, Vol. 38.
- Vishnubhotla P, Khoury N, Levi E, Azad S, Cease K, Fontana J. Pineal Gland Seminoma Presenting with Spinal Card Metastasis. (submitted for publication)
- Thatai L, Vishnubhotla P, Biernat L, Flaherty L, Lorusso P, Simon M, Stephens D, Vereeke K, Abrams J, Bouwman D, Philip P. Phase II Study of Docetaxel, Doxorubicin and Infusional 5-FU in the Treatment of Patient with Locally Advanced Breast Cancer. American Journal of Oncology Am J Clin Oncol. 2006 Oct;29(5):484-9.
- Vishnubhotla, P and Schiffer, CA. The effect of rituximab in patients with platelet alloimmunization. (Manuscript submitted for publication to American Journal of Hematology)
- Vishnubhotla P, Blackwell S, Andersen J. Successful Outcome of Pregnancy in a Patient with Type III Von Willebrand Disease and Platelet Dense Granule Deficiency. Annual Meeting of International Society of Hemostasis and Thrombosis. Sydney Australia. August 2005.
- Vishnubhotla P, Abella E, Dansey R, Klein J, Akhtar A, Peres E, Smith D, Heilbrun L, Zonder J, Abidi M. Evaluations of Race as a Prognostic Factor in Multiple Myeloma Patients Undergoing Autologous Stem Cell Transplantation. 45tth Annual Meeting of Hematology. December 6-9 San Diego, CA. 2003.