Our core facility at the Biomolecular Research Annex allows members of the department access to several state of the art wide-field fluorescence microscopes and a Leica TCS SP5 II Inverted Confocal microscope with four lasers. The confocal microscope allows for the detection of a wide range of fluorescent dyes and proteins of fixed and live samples and is equipped with 20x, 63x, and 100x objectives.
The common equipment includes an ultracentrifuge and high speed centrifuges, a BioRad Molecular Imager ChemiDoc XRS, and equipment for protein purification.
Other equipment and facilities include:
- A cell culture room with biosafety hood, incubators, centrifuge, and microscope
- Back-up refrigerators
- Multiple plate readers including a Biotek Synergy Multimode Plate Reader H1
- BioRad PMI personal molecular imager
- Beckman Coulter Avanti J-25 centrifuge
- Beckman Coulter LS6500 Scintillation Counter