The recurring faculty Grand Rounds lecture series is a time-honored and valued tradition in medical academic institutions. As an emerging multidisciplinary medical practice and as medical school professors, it is vitally important for the faculty of UCF COM/UCF Health to have an ongoing forum to learn and grow academically, educate one another and develop scholarship opportunities. This series allows our faculty participants to collaborate, keep up to date with latest clinical/evidence-based medicine and better serve our patients as a multidisciplinary practice.
Below you will find the current UCF Health Grand Rounds schedule and registration link to connect to the session held every 4th Friday of the month. Additionally video recordings are being offered for those who could not attend the live zoom session.
- As a provider accredited by the ACCME, University of Central Florida College of Medicine Continuous Professional Development (CPD) will ensure that everyone who is in a position to control the content of an educational activity has disclosed all relevant financial relationships with any ineligible companies (formerly commercial interests) to CPD. The ACCME defines ‘relevant’ financial relationships as financial relationships in any amount occurring within the past 24 months that create a conflict of interest. Ineligible companies are those whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients. The ACCME does not consider providers of clinical service directly to patients to be ineligible companies– unless the provider of clinical service is owned, or controlled by an ACCME-defined ineligible company.The following was disclosed by everyone in a position to control the content of this activity:
- The name of the individual
- The name of the ineligible company
- The nature of the relationship with each ineligible company
- Disclosure if there was no relevant financial relationships
- Intend to discuss unlabeled/investigational use(s) of drug(s) or device(s)
Planners/Faculty: Edward Ross, MD – Course Director; Marcia Katz, MD – Planning Committee; Maria Barreto – Activity Coordinator; Magdalena Pasarica, MD – Presenter; Virgil Dawson – Presenter; Martin Klapheke, MD – Presenter; Saleh Rahman, MD, PhD – Presenter; William DeCampli, MD – Presenter; Marcos Hazday, MD – Presenter; Anuja Mehta, MD – Presenter; Bari Hoffman Ruddy, MD – Presenter; Sharon Wasserstrom, MD – Presenter; Dexter Hadley, PhD – Presenter; Bernard Gros, MD – Presenter; Jacquelyn Nyenhuis, PhD – Presenter; Hina Tareen, MD – Presenter; Scott A. Rivkees, M.D. – Presenter; Mariana Dangiolo, MD – Presenter; Thomas J. Kean, PhD – Presenter; Tracy MacIntosh, MD – Presenter; Presenter; Amie R. Newins, PhD – Presenter; Naziha Slimani, MD – Presenter; Serena Weber, MD – Presenter; Elena Dyer, MD – Presenter; Diane Davey, MD – Presenter; Jeff Buchalter, MD – Presenter; David Braun, MD – Presenter; Alaina West, CPD Coordinator/web content editor; and CPD Advisory Committee do not have any relevant financial relationships with any commercial entities.
The CPD Advisory Committee Shiva Kalidindi; Marybeth Harris; Lucia Schweitzer; Jose Rubero; Saleh Naser; Jennifer Thompson; Loretta Forlaw; Bernard Gros; Feroza Daroowalla; Ad Hoc Members: Andrea Berry; Alaina West, do not have any relevant financial relationships with any commercial entities.
THERE IS NO IN-KIND OR COMMERCIAL SUPPORT FOR THIS ACTIVITY