Founded in 2002, the GHHS is a national organization that honors senior medical students, residents, role-model physician teachers and other exemplars recognized for demonstrated excellence in clinical care, leadership, compassion and dedication to service.
Organized to elevate the values of humanism and professionalism within the field of medicine and its constituent institutions, the Society is fast becoming integrated into the medical educational environment.
The Chapman Chapter of the Gold Humanism Honor Society shall:
- sponsor academic events emphasizing humanism in medicine;
- promote humanism in medicine through various other activities;
- undertake community projects; and
- assist the Dean in fulfilling the mission, goals and objectives of the College.
Members of the Chapman Chapter of the Gold Humanism Honor Society should demonstrate:
- integrity and sound moral reasoning;
- respect for others from all stations of life;
- a willingness to engage in supportive patient interaction/advocacy;
- the ability to establish communicative relationships that focus on listening and understanding;
- an ability to learn from life experiences; and
- in the face of adversity, maintain compassion, concern, respect, integrity and commitment to humanistic goals.