Schedule and Deadlines
- 2017-2018 M4 Catalog
- 2017 M4 Academic Calendar
- 2018 M4 Academic Calendar
- Attendance Policy
- How do I Request to Add a Rotation
- I’ve Been Approved for a Schedule Change – Now What
- Deadlines for submitting schedule change requests are as follows:
- Block 1 (June): April 24, 2017
- Block 2 (July): May 22, 2017******
- Block 3 (August): June 19, 2017
- Block 4 (September): July 17, 2017******
- Block 5 (October): August 14, 2017
- Block 6 (November): September 11, 2017
- Block 7 (December): October 9, 2017******
- Block 8 (January): November 27, 2017******
- Block 9 (February): December 18, 2017**
- Block 10 (March): January 22, 2018
- Block 11 (April): February 19, 2018
All requests to add a rotation at the VA must be submitted no later than 60 days before the start of the rotation due to credentialing requirements.
- **Requests are due a week early due to the holiday break
- ***Schedule requests will not be considered after the 6 week deadline except in extenuating circumstances (such as the cancellation of a previously planned for elective)
- ****All change of elective forms are due one month before the start of the rotation. Registration will not be updated until a signed change of elective form is received by the Registrar’s Office. For insurance purposes, students should not report to a rotation that they are not registered for, so it is critical that a change of elective form is turned in prior to the rotation start date.
- *****Under no circumstances may you withdraw from a rotation with less than 30 days notice.
- ******There are no scheduled holidays. If you’re at an on-call/house rotation, please check with your team to see what your holiday responsibilities are. If you’re at a private practice you will work the regular office hours for that holiday.
Please make sure that all signatures are obtained prior to turning the form into Christie Hasegawa (student, advisor, supervising faculty).
- If you are completing an independent study, a research study, or a clinical rotation that is being supervised by a UCF faculty member, complete this form.
- If you are completing an away rotation, or doing an independent or research study at an away institution, complete this form. You must also submit the following to your supervisor prior to the end of your rotation and have them mail or email the completed evaluation to Alisha Corsi.
- If you are completing an international elective, complete this form.
All schedule change requests require that you fill out a change of elective form and have it signed by your advising academy leader.
- 2016-2017 M4 Credentialing Requirements
- Fourth Year Quick Reference Guide
- 4th Year Scheduling Worksheet
- ACLS-PALS Information 2017-2018
- Away Rotation Evaluation Form
- Away Rotation Sample Description
- Clerkship/Elective Change Request Form
- Enrollment Documentation Request Form
- Osceola Regional Medical Center Delineation Form
- Petition for Extramural Clerkship or Independent Research Study Away
- Petition for Special Clinical Study Credit for International Clerkship
- Petition for Special Clinical Study or Independent Research Study at UCF
- Student Absentee Form
- Transcript Request Form
- It is the student’s responsibility to verify where and whom they report to before the start of each course no later than the Wednesday before the start of the rotation. Some courses require that you contact the faculty a week before the start of the rotation.
- If you are taking a course that is held at COM you will need a parking permit. Parking permits can be obtained at the welcome desk outside of the Student Affairs office. Please check with them to get your parking permits while you are taking courses held here at COM.
- Course objectives and goals can be found in the course catalogue. If you have any additional questions regarding the course requirements please ask your supervising preceptor.
- You should meet with your preceptor on the 1st day to discuss their expectations of you.
- Expect an Acting Internship to be more rigorous than an elective.
- Remind your preceptor to complete your evaluation. They will be sent an evaluation mid-way through your rotation via OASIS. If your preceptor cannot login have them contact Ken Staack and he will provide login instructions. Once you leave the site it becomes difficult to get the evaluation. Your help in obtaining a completed evaluation is greatly appreciated!
- If you want to take a hard copy of the evaluation to your preceptor you can print one out at the following link http://med.ucf.edu/academics/md-program/program-modules/m4-fourth-year-clerkships/evaluations/ Return the completed evaluation to Ken Staack via email or fax to his attention.
- All course and faculty evaluations need to be completed in OASIS for you to view your grade in OASIS.
Orlando VA Information
- VA Fingerprint Instructions – Read First!
- VHA Mandatory Training Instructions (MTT)
- Fingerprint Verification Form
- Guideline for First Day In-Processing-Medical Students
- ID Documents
- I-9 Eligibility Verification
- Lake Nona VA First Day Reporting Instructions
- Lake Nona VA Map
- List of Acceptable Documents for VA
- VA Ophthalmology Course Documents
- ACLS/PALS Signup
- ACLS/PALS Survey Slides
- ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service)
- Suggested Schedules by Specialty
- Student feedback for M4 rotations can be found in the Student Lounge.
To request a transcript, or for more transcript information, please click here. Official and unofficial transcripts cannot be emailed.
- VSAS Student Handout 2017
- VSAS Student Presentation 2017
- VSAS (Visiting Student Application Service)
- VSAS and Away Rotations Useful Information
- Away Evaluation Form
For questions on VSAS, away rotations, scheduling and 4th year requirements, forms and transcripts, please contact Christie Hasegawa. For time off requests, questions regarding evaluations or site requirements, faculty concerns, credentialing and OASIS issues, please contact Ken Staack.