COM Research Policies and Procedures (To be available via SharePoint)
Internal UCF Resources
- UCF Office of Research and Commercialization (ORC) – The Office of Research & Commercialization (ORC) serves UCF scholars as the official liaison between UCF and funding sources and by helping faculty work through the proposal and contract management process.
- UCF Institutional Review Board (IRB) – The Institutional Review Board (IRB) consists of a committee established to advocate for the protection of the rights and welfare of human participants involved in research.
- UCF IACUC – The Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) is a group that ensures the humane treatment of research animals. Research facilities must appoint one in accordance with the Animal Welfare Act (AWA) and the PHS Policy on Humane Care and Use of Laboratory Animals.
- UCF Office of Export Compliance – The Office of Export Compliance provides direction and stewardship of export controlled technology and restricted research to ensure that transfers to foreign parties in the research setting are consistent with U.S. export and sanctions regulations.
- UCF Office of Technology Transfer – The Office of Technology Transfer (OTT) brings discoveries to the marketplace through intellectual property protection, marketing and licensing processes and connects UCF researchers with companies and entrepreneurs to transform innovative ideas into successful products.
- UCF Environmental Health & Safety – The mission of the Environmental Health & Safety office is to encourage, support, and promote a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that is embraced by the entire campus community. They oversee biological, chemical, and laboratory safety. All researchers involved in animal studies must enroll in their Animal Exposure Program (AEP).
- Academic Research and Grant Information System (ARGIS) – The official portal that ORC uses to manage each step of the grant submission and award process.
- iThenticate – The largest plagiarism detection service in the world, used by teachers, scholarly journals, and research institutions.
- PIVOT™ Database of Available Funding Opportunities – This website will assist in locating funding opportunities, as well as promoting scholarly articles so potential collaborators can find you based on your research interests.
- Grant Scoop – This database allows you to search for funding opportunities from a wide range of nonprofits.
- GuideStar – This website allows you to search nonprofit funding agencies by keyword.
Major Funding Agencies
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Florida Department of Health
- Agency for Healthcare Research & Quality (AHRQ)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- American Heart Association (AHA)
- American Cancer Society (ACS)
- Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI)
Below you will find UCF College of Medicine branded research poster templates. The templates are designed to meet respective conference guidelines. You may rearrange the text boxes to suit your needs, but do not remove the UCF College of Medicine logo.
Harriet F. Ginsburg Health Sciences Library Getting Published Guide
This guide is recommended for UCF COM faculty, students, and staff who are looking to turn their manuscript into a fully published article. To learn more, please click here.
Also, learn more about how to get published with this step-by-step series of videos and worksheets from the Health Sciences Library here.