Dr. Theodore Lee began his medical career at the University of Wisconsin in Madison, WA, where he earned his MD degree. He then spent several years as a Research Associate in the Nutritional Biochemistry PhD program at the University of Wisconsin. Finally, he completed an Internal Medicine Residency with the University of Miami at Jackson Memorial Hospital. Dr. Lee has over 20 years’ experience in the medical field, and is board certified in Internal Medicine.
Dr. Lee currently serves as Chief Hospitalist with the Orlando VA. Prior to this, Dr. Lee spent twelve years with Florida Hospital East Orlando, where he held numerous roles. These roles included Associate Program Director of the Family Practice Residency, Medical Director of the Chest Pain Observation Unit, and Medical Director of the Glycemic Management Team. Dr. Lee has received many accolades throughout his career. He was awarded the “Physician Value Award for Teamwork” by Florida Hospital in 2011 and “Volunteer of the Year” at Shepherd’s Hope Free Medical Clinic in Orlando in 2008 and 2012. He was also named on the “Best Doctors” list by Orlando Magazine in 2006 and 2007. Lastly, he was named “Educator of the Year” in 2002 and 2003 with the Family Medicine Residency at Florida Hospital East Orlando.
In partnership with the VA, UCF College of Medicine has identified individuals that provide a significant contribution to the college and medical students. Dr. Lee joined the college in May of 2016 as part of this partnership. VA faculty members are invited to participate in teaching assignments, curriculum and admissions committees, student affairs and research mentorship. Their contributions make a significant impact for both the college and students.
- Effect of Thyroid Status on Rat Liver 10-Formyl-THF Dehydrogenase and 5,10-Methylene-THF Reductase. TT Lee, PJ Kaisaki, GL Case, RD Steele. FASEB J 2:A440 (abstract). 1989.
- Effect of DHEA on Rat Liver 10-Formyl-THF Dehydrogenase and 5,10-Methylene-THF Reductase. TT Lee, GL Case, RD Steele. FASEB J 4:A669 (abstract). 1990.
Education & Specialties
- B.S., Biology, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WA
- M.D., University of Wisconsin, Madison, WA
- Research Associate, PhD Program, Nutritional Biochemistry, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WA
- Residency, Internal Medicine, University of Miami, Jackson Memorial Hospital, Miami, FL
- Internal Medicine
- Internal Medicine
No recent media. Please check back soon.