Dr. Robert Meyer began his medical career at the Wake Forest University College of Medicine, where he earned his Doctorate in Medicine. He followed this with an internship and residency, in Internal Medicine, with the Albany Medical Center in Albany, New York. Dr. Meyer is licensed, and board certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine.
Dr. Meyer currently holds numerous positions with the Orlando Veterans Affairs Medical Center, including Staff Physician in Internal Medicine and Continuity Clinic Preceptor. He is a fellow with the American College of Physicians, member of the American Society of Bariatric Physicians, and member of the American Medical Association. Additionally, Dr. Meyer serves as a reviewer for the Journal of General Internal Medicine.
In partnership with the VA, UCF College of Medicine has identified individuals that provide a significant contribution to the college and medical students. Dr. Meyer joined the college in April of 2016 as part of this partnership. VA faculty members are invited to participate in teaching assignments, curriculum and admissions committees, student affairs and research mentorship. Their contributions make a significant impact for both the college and students.
- Smith-Martinez C, Mangal M, Wright A, Meyer R, Davis L, Colon-Molero A, Thompson JC. Pearls and Pitfalls: The inception of a new internal medicine residency program continuity clinic using the 4+1 rotational schedule in a Veterans Affairs primary care clinic. Oral presentation at the 2015 Society of General Internal Medicine Southern Regional Meeting, New Orleans LA, February 2015.
Education & Specialties
- B.S., Chemistry, Tufts University, Medford, MA
- M.D., Wake Forest University, College of Medicine, Winston-Salem, NC
- Internship, Internal Medicine, Albany Medical Center, Albany, NY
- Residency, Internal Medicine, Albany Medical Center, Albany, NY
- Internal Medicine
- Internal Medicine
No recent media. Please check back soon.