Dr. Matthew Lube is a board-certified, surgical critical-care surgeon with over 10 years of experience in surgical practice in Florida. He is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, Southeastern Surgical Congress and a member of The Society of Critical Care Medicine as well as the Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma. Dr. Lube has served as President for the Florida Society of Critical Care Medicine.
He is also a Diplomate of the National Board of Medical Examiners and the American Board of Surgery. Dr. Lube holds added qualifications in Surgical Critical Care, and he was recently appointed to that group’s board as an Associate Examiner.
Dr. Lube has a passion for clinical education as evidenced by his appointment as the Medical Director for Seminole Community College’s Department of Respiratory Therapy, Affiliate Assistant Professor for the University of South Florida College of Medicine and Clinical Assistant Professor for Florida State University College of Medicine. As Associate Director of Medical Education for the Department of Surgical Education, Dr. Lube was awarded the Surgical Teaching Award for 2003-2004.
Dr. Lube joined UCF College of Medicine’s clinical faculty in 2010 and serves as the Clerkship Director for the third-year General Surgery clerkship. In this role, he has developed the goals and objectives of the program and established the clinical and didactic responsibilities of the students. He is also working with the hospitals to develop the surgical curriculum.
- Parra MW, Lube MW, Al-Khayat H, Cheatham ML. Planned Complex Suicide: A Need for a High Index of Suspicion. American Surgeon 2006; 72: 454-55.
- Smith CP, Lube MW, Cheatham ML, Safcsak K. The Safety of Pancreaticoduodenectomy in a Community General Surgery Residency. American Surgeon 2006; 72: 750-753.
- Dowling JM, Lube MW, Smith CP, Andriole J. Blunt Renal Artery Injury in a Patient with a Solitary Kidney: Case Report of Treatment with an Endovascular Stent. American Surgeon 2007; 74: 351-53.
- Cheatham ML, Safcsak K, Brezcinski S, Lube MW. Ensuring Adequate Nutritional Support: Nitrogen Balance, Protein Loss, and the Open Abdomen. Crit Care Med 2007; 35: 127-131.
- Anderson DR, Lube MW. Jugular Venous Air Following Basilar Skull Fracture. J Trauma 2008; 64: 841.
- Fakhre GP, Berland T, Lube MW. One Hundred Consecutive Splenectomies for Trauma: Is Histological Evaluation Really Necessary? J Trauma 2008; 64: 1139-1141.
- Laituri C, Teixeira A, Lube MW, Seims A, Cravens J. Trauma Laparotomy: Evaluating the Necessity of Histological Examination. American Surgeon 2009; 75: 1124-27.
- Seims A, Lube MW. Incarceration of a Sessile Uterine Fibroid in an Umbilical Hernia in a Pregnant Patient. Hernia 2009; 13: 309-11.
- Lube MW, Borman KR, Fulbright AE, Friedell ML. Retrospective Evaluation of Residents’ American Board of Surgery In-Service Training Examination (ABSITE) Scores as a Tool to Evaluate Changes Made in a Basic Science Curriculum. Journal of Surgical Education 2010; 67.
Education & Specialties
- B.S., Microbiology, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida
- M.D., University of Florida
- General Surgery Residency, Orlando Regional Healthcare System, Orlando, Florida
- Surgical Critical Care Fellowship, Orlando Regional Healthcare System
- General Surgery, Burns and Trauma/Emergency Surgery
- Surgical Critical Care
No recent media. Please check back soon.