Dr. Laura Bancroft earned her medical degree from the University of Missouri in Kansas City, MO. Following her graduation from medical school, she completed her residency training in Diagnostic Radiology at the University of Miami School of Medicine, Jackson Memorial Medical Center, in Miami, FL. Subsequently, she completed a Musculoskeletal Radiology fellowship at the Mayo Clinic, Department of Diagnostic Radiology, in Jacksonville, FL. Dr. Bancroft is licensed and board certified in Diagnostic Radiology, with a Musculoskeletal Radiology sub-specialty.
Throughout her career, Dr. Bancroft has participated in many musculoskeletal educational activities. She has developed curriculums and courses, taught, and served as a mentor. In 2003, she received the Teacher of the Year award from the Mayo Clinic Florida. Dr. Bancroft has authored over 120 papers, 32 book chapters, and edited 2 books. She is the Chief Editor of Seminars in Musculoskeletal Radiology, Co-Chair of the Musculoskeletal Division of RadioGraphics, President Elect for the Society of Skeletal Radiology, Chair of the International Visiting Professor Subcommittee at RSNA, committee member for the Core Examination of the American Board of Radiology, program committee member for the International Skeletal Society, CME committee member for the American Roentgen Ray Society, Fellow of the American College of Radiology, and Past President of the Florida Radiological Society.
Dr. Bancroft is the Chief of Musculoskeletal Radiology and Program Director of the Diagnostic Radiology Residency at Florida Hospital in Orlando, FL. She also serves as the Radiology Chair of Education and Adjunct Professor of Radiology with the UCF College of Medicine. Additionally, Dr. Bancroft is a Clinical Professor of Radiology at the Florida State University College of Medicine in Tallahassee, FL. Previously, Dr. Bancroft worked for Mayo Clinic Florida, where she served as Co-Program Director of the Musculoskeletal Fellowship Program and Associate Dean of the Mayo Clinic Allied Health School.
Peer Reviewed Articles
- LiMarzi GM, O’Dell MC, Scherer K, Pettis C, Wasyliw CW, Bancroft, LW. Magnetic resonance arthrography of the wrist and elbow. Magn Reson Imaging Clin N Am. 2015;23:441-55.
- Macke JJ, Engel AJ, Sawin PD, Bancroft LW. Tuberculosis of the cervical spine. Orthopedics 2015; 28:280-335.
- Bancroft LW, Kransdorf MJ, Adler R, et al. ACR Appropriateness criteria acute trauma to the foot. K Am Coll Radiol. 2015; 12:575-81.
- Bivins E, Alidina JA, Bancroft LW. Aneurysmal bone cyst involving the C2 vertebra. Orthopedics. 2015;38:78, 141-3.
- LiMarzi GM, Fursevich DM, Cole JD, Wasyliw CW, Bancroft LW. Imaging of ankle replacements. Semin Musculoskelet Radiol 2015; 19:67-76.
- Fox MG, Bancroft LW. Society of Skeletal Radiology 2014 annual meeting summary. Skeletal Radiol. 2014 Dec 11. Epub ahead of print.
- Martin-Carreras T, Sanchez E, Bancroft LW. Polyostotic fibrous dysplasia. Orthopedics. 2014 Nov 1;37(11):722-82.
- Vernace N, Bancroft LW. Multiple brown tumors and pathologic patellar fracture in a patient with secondary hyperparathyroidism. Orthopedics. 2014 Aug 1;37(8):564-7.
- Tilbrook LK, Vickaryous BK, Bancroft LW. Bony humeral avulsion of the glenohumeral ligament. 2014 Mar 1;37(3):146-206.
- Bancroft LW, Pettis C, Wasyliw C, Varich L. Osteochondral lesions of the elbow. Semin Musculoskelet Radiol. 2013; 17(5):446-54.