Dr. Kelli King-Morris is board-certified in Internal Medicine. She began her medical career at the University of South Florida, College of Medicine. She completed her residency in Internal Medicine at Vanderbilt University. After completing residency, Dr. King-Morris completed a clinical and research fellowship in the Department of Nephrology at Vanderbilt University. During this time, Dr. King-Morris obtained a Master of Science in Clinical Investigation at Vanderbilt University.
Dr. King-Morris joined the College of Medicine in 2013 and currently serves as the Associate Program Director for the UCF COM Internal Medicine Residency program in conjunction with seeing patients at the Veteran’s Affairs Medical Center. Her research interests include quantification and prevention of insulin resistance in peritoneal dialysis through multiple techniques, medical education and biostatistics. She has been awarded a grant for the Renal Biology and Disease Training Program. Her focus in medical education is evidence based clinical education of medical students, residents, and fellows including curriculum development and improvement. She is a regular speaker at Clinical Conferences. She has authored many peer-reviewed articles and chapters in medical guides.
- Edwards C, King K, Garcia R. Early onset rhabdomyolysis associated with daptomycin. Infectious Diseases in Clinical Practice. 2006 vol 14:327-328.
- Falaiye T, King-Morris K. “Ethical concerns affecting vulnerable populations in clinical trials.” CTSPedia. 2012. https://www.ctspedia.org/do/view/CTSpedia/RCRCaseStudy003
- King-Morris K, Ikizler T Alp. Insulin Resistance in Patients Undergoing Peritoneal Dialysis: Can We Improve It? Cardiovascular Drugs and Therapy. 2012 vol 26; 441-443.
Books and Book Chapters
- King-Morris K, Dwyer JP. “Troubleshooting Access Problems.” Fellowship Survival Guide, Division of Nephrology, Vanderbilt University, 6/2011.
- King-Morris K, Dwyer JP. “Evaluation of the Transplant Recipient.” Fellowship Survival Guide, Division of Nephrology, Vanderbilt University, 6/2011.
Education & Specialties
- M.D., University of SouthFlorida, College of Medicine, Tampa, FL
- Resident, VanderbiltUniversity, Department of Medicine, Nashville, TN
- Fellow, Clinical and Research in Nephrology, VanderbiltUniversity, Nashville, TN
- Master of Science in Clinical Investigation, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN
- Internal Medicine
No recent media. Please check back soon.