Dr. Simms-Cendan has been the recipient of a vast number of awards over the years, including the most recent Outstanding FIRE Research Mentor Award, the UCF Women of Distinction in Community Engagement & Outreach award, AAMC National Gold Humanism Award, and Golden Apple award. Dr. Simms-Cendan is an invaluable asset to the College and continues to strive forward at full speed to positively affect the lives of her patients and colleagues.
Peer Reviewed Articles
- Anand A, Wagner C, Kong S, Harimtepathip P, Baker K, Rineer S, Simms-Cendan J, Pasarica M.Improved Screening for Latent Tuberculosis Infection in a Student-Run Free Clinic. Cureus 10(4): e2488. Doi:107759/cureus.2488 https://www.cureus.com/articles/10884-improving-screening-for-latent-tuberculosis-infection-in-a-student-run-free-clinic?utm_medium=email&utm_source=transaction
- Lu K, Thiel B, Atkins C, Desai A, Botwin A, Povlow M, Simms-Cendan J, Pasarica M. Satisfaction with Healthcare Received at an Interprofessional Student-run Free Clinic: Invested in Training the Next Generation of Healthcare Professionals. 2018. Cureus 10(3): e2282. doi:10.7759/cureus.2282. https://www.cureus.com/articles/11044-satisfaction-with-healthcare-received-at-an-interprofessional-student-run-free-clinic-invested-in-training-the-next-generation-of-healthcare-professionals?utm_medium=email&utm_source=transaction
- Cendan J, Simms-Cendan J. Wanted: Effective Followers in Surgery. Annals of Surgery. 2018. Vol 267 (4); 619-20.
- Simms-Cendan J. Examination of the Pediatric Adolescent Patient. 2017. Best Practice & Research Clinical Obstetrics and Gynaecology. Available online. In press. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bpobgyn.2017.08.005
- Franklin A, Mishtal J, Johnson T, Simms-Cendan J. Rowers’ Self-Reported Behaviors, Attitudes, and Safety Concerns Related to Exercise, Training, and Competition During Pregnancy. Cureus 9(8): e1534. Doi:10.7759/cureus.1534. http://www.cureus.com/articles/5949-rowers-self-reported-behaviors-attitudes-and-safety-concerns-related-to-exercise-training-and-competition-during-pregnancy?utm_medium=email&utm_source=transaction
- Lee J, Combs K, KNIGHTS Research Group 2016, and Pasarica M. Improving Efficiency While Improving Patient Care in a Student-Run Free Clinic. J Am Board Fam Med July-August 2017; 30:513-519; doi:10.3122/jabfm.2017.04.170044. http://www.jabfm.org/content/30/4/513.full
- Birs A, Liu X, Nash B, Sullivan S, Garris S, Hardy H, Lee M, Simms-Cendan J, Pasarica M. Medical Care in a Free Clinic: A Comprehensive Evaluation of Patient Experience, Incentives, and Barriers to Optimal Medical Care with Consideration of a Facility Fee. 2016. Cureus 8(2): doi:10.7759/cureus.500. http://www.cureus.com/articles/3814-medical-care-in-a-free-clinic-a-comprehensive-evaluation-of-patient-experience-incentives-and-barriers-to-optimal-medical-care-with-consideration-of-a-facility-fee?utm_medium=email&utm_source=transaction
- Richardson S, Franklin A, Rome E, Simms-Cendan J. Mini-Review in Global Health: Urogenital Schistosomiasis in the Adolescent Girl. Accepted for publication Journal of Pediatric Adolescent Gynecology. 2016. J Pediatric Adolescent Gynecology 29 326-332. Published online 10/2014. DOI:10.1016/j.jpag.2014.07.009.
- Hernandez M, Zendell K, Simms-Cendan J. Guttate psoriasis following streptococcal vulvovaginitis in a five-year-old girl. 2015 Journal of Pediatric Adolescent Gynecology 28 (5), e127-e129. doi:10.1016/j.jpag.2014.10.007.
- Vu MT, Johnson T, Francois R, Simms-Cendan J. Sustained impact of short-term international medical mission trips: Resident Perspectives. 2014. Medical Teacher. 35(12) 157-163. DOI: 10.3109/0142159X.2014.920491
- Simms-Cendan, JS. Common Vulvar and Vaginal Complaints. In: Clinical Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecolgoy, 2nd edition (accepted for publication).
- Santos, X, Simms-Cendan JS. The Case of the Girl with Vulvar Swelling. In HJ Talib, editor, Adolescent Gynecology: A Clinical Casebook, New York, NY Springer Science+Business Media, 2017,.
- Simms-Cendan JS, Golden A. Across the Lifecourse: Youth and Aging with Disabilities. In: Miles-Cohen S, Signore C In Miles-Cohen S, Signore C. Eliminating Inequities for Women with Disabilitities: An Agenda for Health and Wellness. Washington, D.C. American Psychological Association, June 2016.
- Simms-Cendan JS. Alternative Medicine During the Perimenopause. In Novi JM, Ross HL (eds): New York, NY, Informa Healthcare Publishing Inc, August 30, 2008.
Education & Specialties
- B.S., Biochemistry, University of Miami, Coral Gables, Florida
- M.D., University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, Florida
- Residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pediatric and Adolescent Obstetrics and Gynecology
No recent media. Please check back soon.