Dr. Toklu received her Master of Science and PhD in Pharmacology from the Institute of Health Sciences from Marmara University in Turkey. She began her career in the Department of Pharmacology at Marmara University in Turkey as a Teaching Assistant, advancing to a Lecturer and Postdoctoral fellow, then Associate Professor. She also worked at the Near East University in Nicosia, Cyprus. After receiving trainings by World Health Organization on the rational use of drugs, she has developed a curriculum for problem based pharmacotherapy teaching, which is being used in 3 countries now. Dr. Toklu then had appointments as a Researcher in the Geriatric Research Education & Clinical Center for the VA in Gainesville, Florida. Over the next five years, she continued to practice in Gainesville, as Research Faculty the University of Florida and Adjunct Professor with Santa Fe College.
Dr. Toklu joined the College of Medicine in 2017. She is an Associate Professor of Medical Education in Research and Pharmacology, as well as the North Florida Division Director of Research UCF/ HCA Graduate Medical Education consortium. She has over 20 years of teaching, mentoring, and research experience. She has held various professional memberships with societies and associations, including the Society of Brain Research, Turkish Pharmacological Society, American Heart Association (AHA), International Society for Pharmacoepidemiology, and the American Society of Pharmacology & Experimental Therapeutics (ASPET). She has been supported for a number of research endeavors through grants and funding in the USA and abroad. She has acted as a Reviewer, Editor, and Judge for a number of professional organizations and journals and been invited to speak on a number of occasions internationally.
In addition to her research and medical community participation, Dr. Toklu has been awarded a number of prestigious honors and awards. Some of these awards include the Outstanding Academic Achievement Award from Marmara University, Scientific Research Award from the Turkish Neurosurgical Society, a number of Best Presentation awards, and the Alberto Ferrari Prize at the 25th European Meeting on Hypertension and Cardiovascular Protection in Milan, Italy.
- Ye F, Hatahet M, Youniss MA, Toklu HZ, Mazza JJ, Yale S. The Clinical Significance of Relative Bradycardia. WMJ. 2018 Jun;117(2):73-78.
- Toklu HZ, Fuller JC. Mentor-Mentee Relationship: A `win-win` contract in graduate medical education. Cureus 2017 Dec 5;9(12):e1908. doi: 10.7759/cureus.1908
- Sayre JW, Toklu HZ, Ye F, Mazza J, Yale SH. Case Reports, Case Series – From Clinical Practice to Evidence-Based Medicine in Graduate Medical Education. Cureus 9(8): e1546. doi:10.7759/cureus.1546
- Ye F, Stalvey C, Khuddus MA, Winchester DE, Toklu HZ, Mazza JJ, Yale SH. A systematic review of mobility/immobility in thromboembolism risk assessment models for hospitalized patients. J Thromb Thrombolysis. 2017 May 8. doi: 10.1007/s11239-017-1501-5.
- Sirtuin Modulators and Brain Aging. In Molecular Basis and Emerging Strategies for Anti-aging Interventions. Editors: Syed Ibrahim Rizvi and Ufuk Çakatay. Springer, 2018. ISBN 978-981-13-1699-9. Authors: Hale Z. Toklu, Almari Ginory
- A Proteomic Evaluation of Sympathetic Activity Biomarkers of the Hypothalamus-Pituitary-Adrenal Axis by Western Blotting Technique Following Experimental Traumatic Brain Injury. Methods Molecular Biology, Vol. 1598, Firas H. Kobeissy and Stanley M. Stevens, Jr. (Eds): Neuroproteomics (2017), Springer Nature Authors: Hale Z. Toklu, Yasemin Sakarya, Nihal Tumer
- Blood Brain Barrier Permeability and Brain Edema Due To Traumatic Brain Injury in
Brain Neurotrauma: Molecular, Neuropsychological and Rehabilitation Aspects in Brain Injury Models; Taylor & Francis Group Co. (2015) Editor Kobeissy F. Authors: Nihal Tumer, Hale Z. Toklu
- Pharmacist Profile in Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, Near East University Publications; 2013, Nicosia, Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus. Authors: Mertdogan Soyalan, Fatma Azgin, Rumeysa Demirdamar, Hale Z. Toklu
- Pharmacovigilance Handbook for Pharmacists, Near East University Publications; 2013, Nicosia, Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus. Authors: Rumeysa Demirdamar, Sahan Saygı, Mertdogan Soyalan, Hale Z. Toklu
- Drug Use Profile and Health Expenditure between 2007-2012 in Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus; Near East University Publications; 2013, Nicosia, Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus. Authors: Mertdogan Soyalan, Hale Z. Toklu, Sahan Saygi, Rumeysa Demirdamar
- Rational Use of Medicine for Pharmacists. Social Security Institution of Turkey; 2013, Ankara, Turkey. Authors: Hale Z. Toklu, Ahmet Akici; Editor: Ahmet Akici
Education & Specialties
- BSc, College of Pharmacy, Marmara University, Turkey
- MSc, Institute of Health Sciences, Marmara University, Turkey
- PhD, Pharmacology, Institute of Health Sciences, Marmara University, Turkey
- Medical Education
- Clinical research
No recent media. Please check back soon.