- Associate Professor, Medicine, University of Central Florida College of Medicine (UCF COM) 2019-pres
- Assistant Professor, Family Medicine and Anatomy, UCFCOM 2013-2019
- Clinical Assistant Professor, WWAMI Medical Education Program 2007-2013
- Adjunct faculty, HPERD/Athletic Training Dept, University of Idaho. 2008
- Clinic physician, Health and Wellness Services of WSU. 2006-2007.
- Clinic physician for the Pullman Health Clinic (PPINW). 2005-2008
- Project Associate/Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Hassold and Hunt Laboratory, School of Molecular Biosciences, WSU. Pullman, WA. 2005-2007
- Attending Family Physician, Mid Valley Medical Group, Omak, WA. 2004-2006
- Admitting/Consulting Physician, Lowcountry Behavioral Health Center, Charleston, SC. 2002-2003
- Emergency Room Attending at Allendale, Barnwell, Hampton, Edgefield, Hartsville and St. Eugene Hospitals in South Carolina. 2001-2003
- 1988-1992 Russian Language Signal Intelligence Interpreter/Translator, US Army. Honorable Discharge. Team Leader and Assistant Team Leader for Low-Level Voice Intercept Team.
For a complete list of publications, please click here.
- Sanchez K, Abrams M, Khallouq B, Topping D. “Classroom Instruction: Medical Students Attitudes toward LGBTQI+ Patients” (In Press – Journal of Homosexuality).
- Abrams M, Daly K, Eckert T, Topping D. “Reflective Writing on the Cadaveric Dissection Experience: An Effective Tool to Assess the Impact of Dissection on Learning of Anatomy, Humanism, Empathy, Well‐Being, and Professional Identity Formation in Medical Students” Anatomical Sciences Education. 2020; 13 Oct 2020 (early view). https://doi.org/10.1002/ase.2025
- A. Rusovici, D. B. Topping, S. E. S. Eriksson and D. L. Lopez, “Experimental Modal Analysis of an In-situ Clavicle,” 2019 41st Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBC), Berlin, Germany, 2019, pp. 5352-5355, doi: 10.1109/EMBC.2019.8857808.
- Topping, DB, Smith, A. “Multi-Modal Gross Anatomy Education: Translating Knowledge to the Clinic.” Clinical Anatomy. 2018; 31: E66-E115.
- Abrams M, Sanchez K, Khallouq BB, Topping DB. “The Importance of Personal Contact with LGBTQI+ patients.” (Abstract submitted to 2019 AMA EXPO Research Symposium, Nov 2019, San Diego, CA).
- D Harmon, MH Hankin, J Martindale, Anna Farias, MM Cotter, D Royer, D Topping, K Latacha, A Zumwalt, EKN Lopez, T McNary, L Giannaris, R Kar, A Notebaert. “Essential Anatomy for Clerkships and Electives – A Multi-Site Survey of Clinical Educators” (Poster presentation at the annual EB/AAA meeting 2019).
- Topping, D. “Authentic Learning in the Anatomy Laboratory: The Application, Imaging, and Dissection Approach.” (Poster presentation at the 2019 SGEA Regional Meeting in Orlando, FL)
- Bell C, Tran K, Topping DB, Khallouq BB. “LGBTQ Sexual Health Education among Medical Students.” (Poster presented at the 2019 Q-Med: Building LGBTQI+ Leaders in Health Care Conference, New Haven, RI, Mar 2019)
- Sanchez K, Petersen K, Khallouq BB, Topping D. “Student Attitudes: The Impact of LGBTQ Medical Education Interventions.” (Poster presented at the 2018 AMA Research Symposium, National Harbor, MD).
- Topping, DB, Rae G, Pasarica, M, Husain M. “Pathology in the Gross Anatomy Laboratory – The Silent Mentor?” (Speaker symposium for the annual EB/AAA meeting 2019).
- Topping, D.B, Smith, A. “Multi-Modal Gross Anatomy Education: Translating Knowledge to the Clinic.” (Abstract presented at 2018 AACA Annual Conference, July 2018).
- Topping, D.B., Kassab A.J., Samsam M. “A Clinically Oriented Approach to Anatomy Instruction in Biomedical Engineering Education Utilizing Cadavers – a Collaborative Effort in Medical and Engineering Education.” (Poster presentation presented at the annual Experimental Biology meeting in April 2018).
Education & Specialties
- Spartanburg Regional Health Center, Department of Family Medicine, Obstetrics Fellowship. 2003-2004
- Medical University of South Carolina, Departments of Surgery and Family Medicine Residency. 1999-2003
- University of Florida, College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL. Doctor of Medicine (academic and research honors). 1999.
- University of Florida, Gainesville, FL BA in Russian (with honors). 1995
- Clinical Anatomy
- Gross Anatomy
- Reproductive Physiology
- Psychosocial Issues in Healthcare
- Family Medicine
- Lifestyle Medicine
- UCF MD program (Structure and Function, Practice of Medicine, Reproduction/Endocrine, Skin/Musculoskeletal, Lifestyle Medicine, Culinary Medicine)
- UCF MS in BME program (Cadaveric Anatomy)
- Clinical Anatomy
- Humanism in Anatomy
- Biomedical Engineering
- Interprofessional Education
- Human Sexuality
- Lifestyle Medicine
No recent media. Please check back soon.