Dr. Aileen Caceres began her medical career with the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, part of the Robert Wood Johnson Medical School in New Brunswick, NJ. She then completed her residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology with the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York, NY. Additionally, Dr. Caceres completed a Clinical Pelvic Reconstruction Fellowship with Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York, and an Advanced Laparoscopy, Endoscopic, and Robotic Surgery Fellowship at Florida Hospital in Celebration, FL. She is licensed in the state of Florida and New York, and is board certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
The UCF College of Medicine welcomed Dr. Caceres in August 2009 as an Assistant Clinical Professor. In addition to this role, she became the Obstetrics and Gynecology Clerkship Director in July 2014. Dr. Caceres also serves as a Clinical Instructor and Advisory Board Member with Herzing University. She is the Founder of Caceres Specialized Gynecology in Celebration, FL where she is a Gynecological Surgeon and Expert in Minimally Invasive and Robotic Surgery.
Dr. Caceres has received numerous honors and awards throughout her career. In 2016, she was named a “Top Female Provider” in Osceola County and a “Top Provider and Best Performance for Patient Experience” in Central Florida for women’s health. Additionally, Dr. Caceres was named a 2015 Top Performer in Patient Experience by the Florida Hospital Medical Group. She also serves as an Abstract and Video Grader for the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists.
Recent Publications & Presentations
- Mourton SM, Caceres A, Pusic A, Chi DS. Case of central pelvic recurrence of cervical cancer in Gynecologic Cancer: Evidence-Based Multidisciplinary Management. In: Dizon, DS and Abu-Rustum, NR. (eds.) Gynecologic Tumor Board: Clinical Cases in Diagnosis and Management of Cancer of the Female Reproductive System, 1st Edition (Sudbury, Massachusetts, Jones and Bartlett Publishers, 2009).
- Youssef A Rezk, Karen E Hurley, Jeanne Carter, Fanny Dao, Bernard H Bochner, Janice J Aubey, Aileen Caceres, M. Heather Einstein, Nadeem R Abu-Rustum, Richard R Barakat, Dennis S Chi. A Prospective Study of Quality of Life in Patients Undergoing Pelvic Exenteration: Interim Results. Gynecol Oncol. 2012. Oct 9.
- Kratz SH, Spytek SH, Caceres A, McCarus S. A randomized single-blinded study evaluating use of a laparoscope or a cystoscope for cystoscopy during gynecologic surgery. J Minim Invas Gynecology 2012. Sept-Oct 19(5) 606-14.
- McClean, G., Redan, J., McCarus, S., Caceres, A. and Kim, J. Diagnostic laparoscopy and adhesiolysis: Does it help with complex abdominal and pelvic pain syndrome (CAPPS) in general surgery? JSLS 2011.
- McCreath W, Eisenhauer EL, Abu-Rustum NR, Venkatraman ES, Caceres A, Barakat RR, Chi DS. Identification of prognostic factors after positive second look surgery in epithelial ovarian carcinoma. Gynecol Oncology, Vol 102, Number 1, July 2006:8-15.
- Aileen Caceres, Susannah M. Mourton, Bernard H. Bochner, L. Liu, Babak J Mehrara, PL Faries, Nadeem R. Abu-Rustum, Yukio Sonoda, Richard R. Barakat, Patrick J Boland, Dennis S. Chi. Extended Pelvic Resections for Recurrent Uterine and Cervix Cancer: Out of the Box Surgery. Int J Gynecol Cancer 2007; 1-6.
- Caceres, A., Chi. DS, Boland PJ. Superior Pubic Rami Resection for Isolated Recurrent Uterine Cancer. Gynecol Oncology, 2007 Dec 107 (3): 599.
- Chi DS, Caceres A, Abu-Rustum N, Sonoda Y. Extended Pelvic Resection of Iliacus Muscle and Femoral Nerve for Isolated Recurrent Uterine Cancer. Gynecol Oncology 2007 Dec 107 (3):599.
- Schaberg FJ, Prinz RA, Chen EL Caceres A, Chi DS. Incidental Adnexal Masses in the Female Patient. Current Problems in Surgery 2008 June; 45(6):388-439.
- Caceres A, Zhou Q, Iasonos A, Gerdes H, Chi DS, Barakat RR. The Use of Colorectal Stents for the Palliation of Large Bowel Obstruction: An Updated Series. Gynecol Oncol. 2008 Mar;108(3):482-5.
- Caceres A and McCarus S. Fallopian Tube Prolapse after Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy: Case Report Obstet Gynecol. 2008 Aug;112 (2 Pt 2):494-5.
- A Value Proposition for Single Site Robotic Surgery in Gynecology, OB/GYN Grand Rounds, Florida Hospital for Women, September 27, 2017. Orlando, FL
Education & Specialties
- B.A., Biology and Philosophy, Boston University, College Liberal Arts, Boston, MS
- M.P.H., Epidemiology and Social and Behavioral Sciences, Boston University School of Public Health, Boston, MS
- M.D., University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. New Brunswick, NJ
- Residency, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Montefiore Medical Center, New York, NY
- Fellowship, Clinical Pelvic Reconstruction, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY
- Fellowship, Advanced Laparoscopy, Endoscopic and Robotic Surgery, Florida Hospital, Celebration, FL
No recent media. Please check back soon.